Professional Web Applications Themes

problem finding the 8.0.3RC download - PostgreSQL / PGSQL

hello everyone! I'm new to PostgresSQL and I am having trouble finding the 8.0.3RC. (for windows). I have tried teh FTP mirrors but the directory listings on those mirrors do not contain a folder for version 8.0.3. Many subfolders require a UID PWD, which I don't have. The bittorrent download also wants some authentication and I find no link to information about that onteh download page or any of the other pages I checked out. (support) Would some kind soul help me through this? Jay This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are ...

  1. #1

    Default problem finding the 8.0.3RC download

    hello everyone!

    I'm new to PostgresSQL and I am having trouble finding the 8.0.3RC. (for
    windows). I have tried teh FTP mirrors but the directory listings on those
    mirrors do not contain a folder for version 8.0.3. Many subfolders require a
    UID PWD, which I don't have.

    The bittorrent download also wants some authentication and I find no link to
    information about that onteh download page or any of the other pages I
    checked out. (support)

    Would some kind soul help me through this?

    Jay

    This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
    privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify MARKEM
    Corporation immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an
    e-mail to [email]helpdeskmarkem.com[/email] -- and destroy all copies of this message
    and any attachments. Thank you.

    Nothing contained within this e-mail, including attachments, is intended to
    include or constitute an "electronic signature" as defined in 15 U.S.C.
    7006(5).

    John Doggett Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: problem finding the 8.0.3RC download

    Wow, 8.0 isn't even out yet and you're looking for 8.0.3?

    I think you misread something somewhere. You are probably looking for
    8.0rc3 (quite different from 8.0.3), which is the 3rd "release
    candidate" for 8.0.

    An rc3 installer does not seem to be available yet; there is an rc2
    installer, however. You can get that from one of the FTP mirrors
    accessed from the "Download" page of the web site. Look in the win32
    directory after connecting to one of the mirrors.

    On Jan 5, 2005, at 12:12 PM, John Doggett wrote:
    > hello everyone!
    >
    > I'm new to PostgresSQL and I am having trouble finding the 8.0.3RC.
    > (for windows). I have tried teh FTP mirrors but the directory listings
    > on those mirrors do not contain a folder for version 8.0.3. Many
    > subfolders require a UID PWD, which I don't have.
    >
    > The bittorrent download also wants some authentication and I find no
    > link to information about that onteh download page or any of the other
    > pages I checked out. (support)
    >
    > Would some kind soul help me through this?
    >
    > Jay
    >

    > This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
    > privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
    > MARKEM
    > Corporation immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an
    > e-mail to [email]helpdeskmarkem.com[/email] -- and destroy all copies of this message
    > and any attachments. Thank you.
    >
    > Nothing contained within this e-mail, including attachments, is
    > intended to
    > include or constitute an "electronic signature" as defined in 15
    > U.S.C.
    > 7006(5).

    Frank D. Engel, Jr. <fde101fjrhome.net>

    $ ln -s /usr/share/kjvbible /usr/manual
    everlasting life.
    $

    Frank D. Engel, Jr. Guest

  3. #3

    The MSI installer for RC3 is not yet ready. We expect it to go out in the next couple of days.

    //Magnus

[...]

    Magnus Hagander Guest