Professional Web Applications Themes

Problem playing Quicktime thru .DCR embedded in HTML - pathreferencing problem? - Macromedia Director Basics

Greetings earthlings and Director heads. Here's the problem: created an HTML file containing shockwave (dcr) movie that calls quicktime movies in the same folder. and drives a 'slide' presentation based on the movietime. This all works perfectly, in the projector, but fails miserably in the DCR if you move the files away from the original folder. I've tried using "" and "moviePath" but can't seem to get a relative reference to the quicktime movies. I've tried using 'importFileInto, setting the 'file' property of the member, but it only works when the media's in the original folder. This will be working ...

  1. #1

    Default Problem playing Quicktime thru .DCR embedded in HTML - pathreferencing problem?

    Greetings earthlings and Director heads.

    Here's the problem: created an HTML file containing shockwave (dcr) movie
    that calls quicktime movies in the same folder.
    and drives a 'slide' presentation based on the movietime.

    This all works perfectly, in the projector, but fails miserably in the DCR
    if you move the files away from the original folder.

    I've tried using "" and "moviePath" but can't seem to get a relative
    reference to the quicktime movies.

    I've tried using 'importFileInto, setting the 'file' property of the member,
    but it only works when the media's in the original folder.

    This will be working (lol) over an intranet.

    I've had problems like the browser crashing if I put the file on a
    Webserver - seems to stream ok initially then freezes.

    Anyone got the best solution??

    I looked at a couple of technotes that said to put the media in a dswmedia
    folder, but I couldn't make sense of the file references.

    Please help!!

    Jr

    [email]john_ryanjrdesign.com.au[/email]

    olive Guest

  2. #2

    "olive" <oliveoil.com> wrote in message news:BB9F8ACD.4A4F%oliveoil.com...
    > Greetings earthlings and Director heads.
    >
    > Here's the problem: created an HTML file containing shockwave (dcr) movie
    > that calls quicktime movies in the same folder.
    > and drives a 'slide' presentation based on the movietime.
    >
    > This all works perfectly, in the projector, but fails miserably in the DCR
    > if you move the files away from the original folder.
    >
    > I've tried using "" and "moviePath" but can't seem to get a relative
    > reference to the quicktime movies.
    >
    > I've tried using 'importFileInto, setting the 'file' property of the
    member,
    > but it only works when the media's in the original folder.
    >
    > This will be working (lol) over an intranet.
    >
    > I've had problems like the browser crashing if I put the file on a
    > Webserver - seems to stream ok initially then freezes.
    >
    > Anyone got the best solution??
    >
    > I looked at a couple of technotes that said to put the media in a dswmedia
    > folder, but I couldn't make sense of the file references.
    >
    > Please help!!
    >
    > Jr
    >
    > [email]john_ryanjrdesign.com.au[/email]

    Michael Hamstra Guest

  3. #3

    When running DCR/Shockwave movies, your external media must reside in a
    sub-folder called "\dswmedia\". You can do a search on this on MM's website,
    this is for security reasons...

    Michael Hamstra