Professional Web Applications Themes

Problem using Authorization Manager - ASP.NET Security

Hi - help please! I've successfully implemented authorization in an asp.net web application using Authorization Manager, or AzMan (shipping with Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools). Great tool! However, now I wanted to get that little extra out of this tool, and start using dynamic application groups (LDAP-groups). Here I get problems. I have tried with the simplest LDAP query like "(department = sales)". If on any call to myClientContext.HasAccess(), the possibile membership of a dynamic group must be evaluated to determine access, asp.net returns the error information listed below to my browser: Thanks for any hints!!!!!! Best regards, Mats " ...

  1. #1

    Default Problem using Authorization Manager

    Hi - help please!

    I've successfully implemented authorization in an asp.net web application
    using Authorization Manager, or AzMan (shipping with Windows Server 2003
    Administration Tools).

    Great tool!

    However, now I wanted to get that little extra out of this tool, and start
    using dynamic application groups (LDAP-groups). Here I get problems. I have
    tried with the simplest LDAP query like "(department = sales)".

    If on any call to myClientContext.HasAccess(), the possibile membership of a
    dynamic group must be evaluated to determine access, asp.net returns the
    error information listed below to my browser:

    Thanks for any hints!!!!!!

    Best regards,
    Mats

    "
    Unable to update the password. The value provided as the current password is
    incorrect.

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unable to
    update the password. The value provided as the current password is incorrect.

    Source Error:

    Line 303: return ((int)((Object[]) ctx.AccessCheck("access check", scopes,
    operations, names, values, null, null, null))[0] == 0);

    Stack Trace:

    [COMException (0x8007052b): Unable to update the password. The value
    provided as the current password is incorrect.]
    AzRoles.IAzClientContext.AccessCheck(String bstrObjectName, Object
    varScopeNames, Object varOperations, Object varParameterNames, Object
    varParameterValues, Object varInterfaceNames, Object varInterfaceFlags,
    Object varInterfaces) +0

    "
    curry Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Problem using Authorization Manager

    Hi Mats,
    I'm experiencing the same problem. Have you found a solution for this?
    I appreciate any help you can give...

    Thanks,
    Arnie
    > Hi - help please!
    >
    > I've successfully implemented authorization in an asp.net web application
    > using Authorization Manager, or AzMan (shipping with Windows Server 2003
    > Administration Tools).
    >
    > Great tool!
    >
    > However, now I wanted to get that little extra out of this tool, and start
    > using dynamic application groups (LDAP-groups). Here I get problems. I have
    > tried with the simplest LDAP query like "(department = sales)".
    >
    > If on any call to myClientContext.HasAccess(), the possibile membership of a
    > dynamic group must be evaluated to determine access, asp.net returns the
    > error information listed below to my browser:
    >
    > Thanks for any hints!!!!!!
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Mats
    >

    > "
    > Unable to update the password. The value provided as the current password is
    > incorrect.

    > current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about
    >
    > Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unable to
    > update the password. The value provided as the current password is incorrect.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >
    > Line 303: return ((int)((Object[]) ctx.AccessCheck("access check", scopes,
    > operations, names, values, null, null, null))[0] == 0);
    >

    > Stack Trace:
    >

    > [COMException (0x8007052b): Unable to update the password. The value
    > provided as the current password is incorrect.]
    > AzRoles.IAzClientContext.AccessCheck(String bstrObjectName, Object
    > varScopeNames, Object varOperations, Object varParameterNames, Object
    > varParameterValues, Object varInterfaceNames, Object varInterfaceFlags,
    > Object varInterfaces) +0
    >

    > "
    User submitted from AEWNET ([url]http://www.aewnet.com/[/url])
    aarguna Guest