Professional Web Applications Themes

Problem with Apache Axis sever and .NET Framework client - ASP.NET Web Services

Hello, I am realizing an application client in VisualStudio .NET 2002 with Framework 1.1 in VisualBasic, and must communicate with a server realized in java with Apache Axis version 1.2RC2. I have used a console application and then I have added a webreference and in the URL I have inserted the wsdl. The code is simple: Dim myStringa() As String Dim i As Integer Dim prova As New WebReference1.MySoapService myStringa = prova.getStringArray("ok") For i = 0 To myStringa.Length - 1 Console.WriteLine(myStringa(i)) Next Console.In.Read() When I execute the getStringaArray, It comes back the error "An unhandled exception of type ' System.InvalidOperationException' ...

  1. #1

    Default Problem with Apache Axis sever and .NET Framework client

    Hello,
    I am realizing an application client in VisualStudio .NET 2002 with
    Framework 1.1 in VisualBasic, and must communicate with a server
    realized in java with Apache Axis version 1.2RC2.
    I have used a console application and then I have added a webreference
    and in the URL I have inserted the wsdl.
    The code is simple:

    Dim myStringa() As String
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim prova As New WebReference1.MySoapService
    myStringa = prova.getStringArray("ok")
    For i = 0 To myStringa.Length - 1
    Console.WriteLine(myStringa(i))
    Next
    Console.In.Read()

    When I execute the getStringaArray, It comes back the error "An
    unhandled exception of type ' System.InvalidOperationException'
    occurred in system.xml.dll".
    Instead if I execute a getString it works correctly.
    I have read of problems about deserialization of empty array but it is
    not my case because the Array that would return is composed of 3
    strings.
    Which it could be the problem?
    There are other parameters that I am ignoring?
    From the server side, the user that has realized it says that it is a
    my problem because the method getStringArray if called by a java
    client works ccorrectly.

    Thank you
    Marco

    Marco Guest

  2. #2

    Hi Marco

    This can be an encoding style problem. Ask the serverside developer, which
    encoding style is used.

    Possible encodings can be: doc-literal, wrapped-literal, rpc.

    If I remember correctly .NET uses wrapped-literal as default, but you can
    change it.
    In the Java world (been there, too), it can be both...but is most likely
    "rpc", because support for the wrapped style was very poor in earlier
    versions of Axis.

    The encoding style tells the SOAP engine (Axis og .NET) something about the
    structure of input, output messages and their parameters when they are
    serialized and deserialized to/from XML.

    Hope this helps...Should give you some clue, where to look for this
    (interop) problem.

    Regards

    Henrik
    [url]http://websolver.blogspot.com[/url]

    "Marco" <cosxxhotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hello,
    > I am realizing an application client in VisualStudio .NET 2002 with
    > Framework 1.1 in VisualBasic, and must communicate with a server
    > realized in java with Apache Axis version 1.2RC2.
    > I have used a console application and then I have added a webreference
    > and in the URL I have inserted the wsdl.
    > The code is simple:
    >
    > Dim myStringa() As String
    > Dim i As Integer
    > Dim prova As New WebReference1.MySoapService
    > myStringa = prova.getStringArray("ok")
    > For i = 0 To myStringa.Length - 1
    > Console.WriteLine(myStringa(i))
    > Next
    > Console.In.Read()
    >
    > When I execute the getStringaArray, It comes back the error "An
    > unhandled exception of type ' System.InvalidOperationException'
    > occurred in system.xml.dll".
    > Instead if I execute a getString it works correctly.
    > I have read of problems about deserialization of empty array but it is
    > not my case because the Array that would return is composed of 3
    > strings.
    > Which it could be the problem?
    > There are other parameters that I am ignoring?
    > From the server side, the user that has realized it says that it is a
    > my problem because the method getStringArray if called by a java
    > client works ccorrectly.
    >
    > Thank you
    > Marco

    HG Guest