Professional Web Applications Themes

Problem with CF 7 Upgrade - Coldfusion Server Administration

I have a search form that retrieves data for vendors, staff, and students. Due to the sensitive nature of the data, I employed NTFS security on the directory of the web form to only allow select individuals access to the form. Everything was working fine until our web server was upgraded from CF 5 to CF MX7. Now when users go to the CF form, they are no longer prompted for their exchange username & password (anyone can use the form to search). I have an html page in the same secured directory and when users attempt to view that ...

  1. #1

    Default Problem with CF 7 Upgrade

    I have a search form that retrieves data for vendors, staff, and students. Due
    to the sensitive nature of the data, I employed NTFS security on the directory
    of the web form to only allow select individuals access to the form.
    Everything was working fine until our web server was upgraded from CF 5 to CF
    MX7. Now when users go to the CF form, they are no longer prompted for their
    exchange username & password (anyone can use the form to search). I have
    an html page in the same secured directory and when users attempt to view that
    page, they are still prompted for their username and password. Could session
    variables on my CF form be causing this problem? Thanks in advance for your
    help. Regards, Chuck

    ChuckBoulineau Guest

  2. #2

    I have a search form that retrieves data for vendors, staff, and students. Due
    to the sensitive nature of the data, I employed NTFS security on the directory
    of the web form to only allow select individuals access to the form. Everything
    was working fine until our web server was upgraded from CF 5 to CF MX7. Now
    when users go to the CF form, they are no longer prompted for their exchange
    username & password (anyone can use the form to search). I have an html page in
    the same secured directory and when users attempt to view that page, they are

  3. #3

    Default Re: Problem with CF 7 Upgrade

    This sounds like a web service configuration issue.

    Perhaps the CF install affected the IIS configuration for security?

    --
    Tom Jordahl
    Macromedia Server Development

    Tom Jordahl Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you Tom for your reply. I had our web server admin take a look at the
    IIS config for security and he said he could not find anything wrong. Do you
    have any more info that could help us correct this problem. Your feedback is
    greatly appreciated.

    Chuck

    ChuckBoulineau Guest

  5. #5

    Sorry Chuck. The best bet is probably to work with ColdFusion Product
    Support if you haven't resolved this issue.