I had been using the JDBC driver for a little while now, and it has been
working fine. I checked one of the sites I use it with, and no data came
back.

I am using CFMX 7, and in the data sources, I tested the connections. I
got:

Connection verification failed for data source: Serenity1
com.mysql.jdbc.Communicationception: Communications link failure due to
underlying exception: ** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION ** java.net.SocketException
MESSAGE: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
STACKTRACE: java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
timed out: connect at
com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(Stand ardSocketFactory.java:151)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.(MysqlIO.java:280) at
com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.j ava:1699) at
com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.(Connection.java:405) at
com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonReg isteringDriver.java:268)
at
coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCPool.createPhy sicalConnection(JDBCPool.java:562)
at
coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.ConnectionRunner$R unnableConnection.run(ConnectionRunner.java:67)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) ** END NESTED EXCEPTION **
The root cause was that: com.mysql.jdbc.Communicationception:
[...]

Why would this be happening? I had deleted the ODBC data source before this
problem occured, but that shouldn't make any difference, should it?

Steve