Professional Web Applications Themes

Problem with Photoshop transparency in Illustrator when Printing from InDesign - Adobe Indesign Windows

I have and Illustrator (v10) image placed on an InDesign (v2) doent. I have placed and embedded a Photoshop (v7) image the edges of which are tranparent. When I print the InDesign doent I get to see where the tranparent background is. It goes sort of darker colour of the Illustrator background behind it. Any ideas?...

  1. #1

    Default Problem with Photoshop transparency in Illustrator when Printing from InDesign

    Jeremy_Leverton@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Are all colors the same model (RGB vs CMYK)? Are you outputting to that
    color space? Is your transparency blend space set to match that?

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  3. #3

    As far as I can tell, yes.
    Jeremy_Leverton@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Then try placing the AI file.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  5. #5

    It is the AI file that is placed on the InDesign doc.
    Jeremy_Leverton@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    What printer are printing to? Is it a postscript printer? If not are
    images and colors RGB?

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  7. #7

    Sorry for the delay in update (been away)...

    Printer is Epson Stylus Photo 950. All files are be CMYK.
    Jeremy_Leverton@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    > Printer is Epson Stylus Photo 950. All files are be CMYK.

    That's not a postscript printer. All colors should be RGB and all other
    color setting should also.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  9. #9

    Finally got back to this. Both Photoshop and Illustrator files are RGB. Still have the problem. How do I check the InDesign file is RGB?

    Can get around the problem using the printer's "Print Image Matching" functionality, but that's not really the point.....
    Jeremy_Leverton@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    PS: Checked transparency blend space is set to match! Still no joy.
    Jeremy_Leverton@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    I get the same problem when I apply a drop shadow to text in InDesign then export it to PDF. It doesn't show on the screen, but when I print I get the shadow of the whole text box over the background color. I can't figure out what the problem is.
    Mary_Szczepanski@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    What are your export settings?

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  13. #13

    In Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign?
    Jeremy_Leverton@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    There's something not right. Are all your color management settings the
    same for all three applications? Check the working space for Illustrator
    and make sure it's RGB also.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest