Professional Web Applications Themes

Problem with Site File Tree panel - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi, I am having the most annoying problem in Dreamweaver MX that has been present from the beginning up until the 6.1 updater. In every site I have defined, there is one folder that opens in addition to any other folder I open every time I open any other folder. So, say I have folders: A B C X Y Z C is my trouble folder. I double click on folder X in the site file panel, and C opens and fills the panel. If scroll down to find X, it's open too. So for every folder I open that ...

  1. #1

    Default Problem with Site File Tree panel

    Hi,

    I am having the most annoying problem in Dreamweaver MX that has been present from the beginning up until the 6.1 updater. In every site I have defined, there is one folder that opens in addition to any other folder I open every time I open any other folder. So, say I have folders:

    C is my trouble folder. I double click on folder X in the site file panel, and C opens and fills the panel. If scroll down to find X, it's open too. So for every folder I open that is not C, C opens and that folder opens, but the screen always centers on the opened folder C. Also the problem directory is different in every single site, but the problem directory is conistently the same one within each site

    This agitating to a very high degree and gives the site files panel the distintion of being the most used and most annoying feature in DWMX for me. Has anyone seen this or found a solution? In my larger sites, it means every time I use the site files panel I have to click like 4 times and scroll contstantly just to move between folders.

    I have seen other postings that the following info is useful for troubleshooting.

    1. What is your OS: Windows 2000 Professional
    2. What is your AntiVirus: Norton Corporate 7.x
    3. Is your AntiVirus doing realtime protection: NO
    4. What is your Firewall: SonicWall (All operations are LAN, and do not pass the firewall.)
    5. What other background programs are running: ColdFusion MX Server
    6. What extensions do you have installed: None (Defaults?)
    7. Where are your 'local' files? Are they on a network shared drive: Local Files, Local Server
    8. Have you ever been able to run DMX or is this a recent failure: Yes
    9. Does this only seem to happen with certain files/sites: No, all sites.
    10. Does recreating the site cache (site | Recreate site Cache) help: Cache Disabled

    Thanks

    Nashville webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Problem with Site File Tree panel

    Nashville:

    I see this all the time, myself, and I agree with you. It is extremely
    annoying.

    Thanks for posting the troubleshooting data - while normally indispensible,
    it's not so helpful in this case, however, since there are not system issues
    involved - just annoying DMX bugs.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Nashville" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am having the most annoying problem in Dreamweaver MX that has been
    present from the beginning up until the 6.1 updater. In every site I have
    defined, there is one folder that opens in addition to any other folder I
    open every time I open any other folder. So, say I have folders:

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:07:03 +0000 (UTC), "Nashville"
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >I am having the most annoying problem in Dreamweaver MX that has been
    >present from the beginning up until the 6.1 updater. In every site I
    >have defined, there is one folder that opens in addition to any other
    >folder I open every time I open any other folder.
    I had that problem once before and saw where Nick P had posted a fix
    for it. See [url]http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z3D412535[/url]. It worked for me.

    Gary
    Gary White Guest

  4. #4

    I just tried this and it seems to work for me as well.

    [url]http://www.google.com/groups?q=+%22Local+Expanded+Dir%22+group:macromedi a.dreamweaver&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=ak0lf1%24afu%241%40forums.macromedia.com&rn um=1[/url]

    Summary of the solution:

    It's a registry thing. so do the usual backups !!!

    1. Open regedit.

    2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 6\Sites\

    3. Select the site number that you're having problems with (just look in
    each one e.g. "-Site3" until you see the site name being mentioned).

    4. Careful here...

    Locate the values that begin with "Local Expanded Dir" and end with a number
    (there should be quite a few of 'em) and delete them.

    5. Then open the value "Local Expanded Dirs" and using a 'Decimal' base,
    change the value to 0 (zero).

    6. Quit regedit, and that should solve it...

    Nashville webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest