Hi Gang,

I have a problem. I am trying to install Redhat 7.3 on a Pentium 4 (HP 700)
and when I try to boot I get wavy lines across the front of the Monitor. The
monitor is a Sylvania F90.

I have successfully installed 7.3 on a Pentium 2 using the same monitor.

So here are my problems:

1. How do I boot the system and stop Linux from starting X-Windows?

2. Is there a way that I can modify the configuration file and tell it that
I want it to use a different monitor.

3. Where do I look on my pentium 2 system to find out what I told the
system the monitor was.

I greatly appreciate any help that you can give me with this problem.

Thanks

--
Stan Zaborowski
email: [email]stanzaborowski.org[/email]