Professional Web Applications Themes

Problem with VB6 App & SQL 2000 (Locking & lost transactions) - Microsoft SQL / MS SQL Server

Problem with VB6 App & SQL 2000 (Locking & lost transactions) Hi, We are having a big, big problem with our OLTP system. We have a VB6 App. that receive transactions (TX) via Winsock from an Access Server (NAC) that comes from Points-of-sales (POS) The VB 6 App receive the packet, then phs it and fill a lot of variable. Then the App call a stored procedure (With ADO) called t_recepcion whith aprox. 10 parameters (That are form the ph proccess) and the sp receive the results as output parameters. Finally the App build the response packet and send it ...

  1. #1

    Default Problem with VB6 App & SQL 2000 (Locking & lost transactions)

    Problem with VB6 App & SQL 2000 (Locking & lost transactions)

    Hi,

    We are having a big, big problem with our OLTP system.

    We have a VB6 App. that receive transactions (TX) via Winsock from an
    Access Server (NAC) that comes from Points-of-sales (POS)

    The VB 6 App receive the packet, then phs it and fill a lot of variable.
    Then the App call a stored procedure (With ADO) called t_recepcion whith
    aprox. 10 parameters (That are form the ph proccess) and the sp receive
    the results as output parameters. Finally the App build the response packet
    and send it to the POS by Winsock Again.

    This sp (t_recepcion) call another sp for resolve the transaction.

    There are 15000 transactions per day

    Well, the problem is that we are losing transactions from the database that
    were responded by the system (The people that
    made the transaction had the ticket printed)

    I donīt know how can I make the BEGIN - COMMIT for have the highest
    isolation level for each transaction. or if I must change something in the
    SQL Engine

    When one transaction come to the App and hang, the App continue responding
    transactions but in some cases I must close the App. Then the system make a
    ROLLBACK to this hanged transaction (Losing the transactions that were
    responsed after the hang)

    I donīt know if you understand my problem (My English is not good, and I am
    not the developer)

    But I need to solve this tremendous problem

    If you could solve it , you are very welcome. if not, tell me if you have
    some tips for do this

    Thanks in Advance

    Javier
    [email]maskimpsat1.com.ar[/email]

    Javier Villegas Guest

  3. #3

    Please take a look at these articles for more info:

    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323630[/url]
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;75722[/url]
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295108[/url]
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224453[/url]

    --
    -oj
    RAC v2.1 & QALite!

    "Javier Villegas" <maskimpsat1.com.ar> wrote in message
    news:yO6ha.81744$rJ3.35069fe10.atl2.webusenet.com ...
    > Problem with VB6 App & SQL 2000 (Locking & lost transactions)
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are having a big, big problem with our OLTP system.
    >
    > We have a VB6 App. that receive transactions (TX) via Winsock from an
    > Access Server (NAC) that comes from Points-of-sales (POS)
    >

    > The VB 6 App receive the packet, then phs it and fill a lot of
    variable.
    > Then the App call a stored procedure (With ADO) called t_recepcion whith
    > aprox. 10 parameters (That are form the ph proccess) and the sp
    receive
    > the results as output parameters. Finally the App build the response
    packet
    > and send it to the POS by Winsock Again.
    >
    > This sp (t_recepcion) call another sp for resolve the transaction.
    >
    > There are 15000 transactions per day
    >
    > Well, the problem is that we are losing transactions from the database
    that
    > were responded by the system (The people that
    > made the transaction had the ticket printed)
    >
    > I donīt know how can I make the BEGIN - COMMIT for have the highest
    > isolation level for each transaction. or if I must change something in the
    > SQL Engine
    >
    > When one transaction come to the App and hang, the App continue responding
    > transactions but in some cases I must close the App. Then the system make
    > ROLLBACK to this hanged transaction (Losing the transactions that were
    > responsed after the hang)
    >
    > I donīt know if you understand my problem (My English is not good, and I
    am
    > not the developer)
    >
    > But I need to solve this tremendous problem
    >
    > If you could solve it , you are very welcome. if not, tell me if you have
    > some tips for do this
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    >
    > Javier
    > [email]maskimpsat1.com.ar[/email]