Professional Web Applications Themes

Problem with web site using Mozilla - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi, My problem is that I made a web site, it was all perfect while using internet explorer, all link were at is place, all what I wrote was okay.. But then, when I look it using Mozilla, everything's messed up... All my links are out of place, my wrinting too... If I try to modify my page to fit with Mozilla.. internet explorer while be the one that will messed the web site... What must I do ? Ps: I used my Notepad to do the website... If there is a command in Dreamweaver that can solve this, or ...

  1. #1

    Default Problem with web site using Mozilla

    Hi,

    My problem is that I made a web site, it was all perfect while using internet explorer, all link were at is place, all what I wrote was okay.. But then, when I look it using Mozilla, everything's messed up... All my links are out of place, my wrinting too...

    If I try to modify my page to fit with Mozilla.. internet explorer while be the one that will messed the web site...

    What must I do ?

    Ps: I used my Notepad to do the website... If there is a command in Dreamweaver that can solve this, or I must start over again on dreamweaver..

    Ashariel webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Problem with web site using Mozilla

    Of course.. click [url]http://site.voila.fr/lineage2/Acceuil.html[/url]

    Ashariel webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Problem with web site using Mozilla **1.2MB download**

    Ashariel

    You will have more problems with that page than you realize, especially considering that you're trying to control the layout with a couple dozen consecutive <BR> tags and a few hundred &nbsp;
    > or I must start over again
    That would probably be the best option. Sorry.

    --

    Dave
    If I were half as smart as people think I am...

  4. #4

    While the titles can be irritating to some folks, a lot of folks like the "Dummies" series. They are written in "people speak" and will get you started with the basics.

    [url]http://tinyurl.com/i4x5[/url]
    [url]http://tinyurl.com/i4xc[/url]
    [url]http://tinyurl.com/i4xe[/url]

    --

    =======================

    "Dan Vendel *GOF*" <see_my_signature__the_bottom_of_the_post.com> wrote in message news:bfua0q$g2$4forums.macromedia.com...
    > "Ashariel" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >
    > > Of course.. click [url]http://site.voila.fr/lineage2/Acceuil.html[/url]
    > >

    > 1)It's not advisable to have a background image that's over 1Mb in size.
    > 2) You can't position text by using hundreds of <br> tags to fit the
    > background. Look in a browser and increase font size and you'll see what
    > I mean.
    > 3) You have a lose <html> tag in the body section.
    > No offense, really, but you might want to look up some html tutorials
    > for beginners. I suggest you do a search with Google.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > --
    > Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]
    > Contact me directly by clicking here:
    > [url]http://contact.vendel.info[/url]
    > Formmail tutorial:
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info/tut/formmail.html[/url]
    > Nested table demonstration:
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info/tabletut/[/url]

    David R. Wheeler Guest

  5. #5

    "Ashariel" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My problem is that I made a web site, it was all perfect while using internet explorer, all link were at is place, all what I wrote was okay.. But then, when I look it using Mozilla, everything's messed up... All my links are out of place, my wrinting too...
    >
    > If I try to modify my page to fit with Mozilla.. internet explorer while be the one that will messed the web site...
    >
    > What must I do ?
    >
    > Ps: I used my Notepad to do the website... If there is a command in Dreamweaver that can solve this, or I must start over again on dreamweaver..

    I must agree with the others. There are far too many problems with this
    site than can be listed here.

    It appears you are applying some page layout schemes a person might use
    in a word processor. Perhaps using carriage returns and tabs to place
    things on a page. However, html is very much different.

    One important tag you should look at is the <table> tag. Learn its uses
    and also tables within tables(nested tables). This would be a good
    start in honing your layout skills in html.

    Think of a table as a tv dinner tray. A tray usually consists of a
    number of smaller spaces that contain food. Depending on how the tray is
    designed is how the food will be placed. Html tables are very similar.

    The tv dinner tray is the table... the individual food areas would be
    known as table cells. By mastering table and table cell pracement, you
    will be able to accomplish much in your website layouts.

    Todd Guest

  6. #6

    >Think of a table as a tv dinner tray. A tray usually consists of a
    >number of smaller spaces that contain food. Depending on how the tray is
    >designed is how the food will be placed. Html tables are very similar.

    So how does this affect me, if I'm designing on a laptop, while
    watching "Casualty", and pouring myself a cup of tea?

    Paul Taylor
    Paul Taylor Guest