Professional Web Applications Themes

Problems connecting to a Webservice - Macromedia Flash Data Integration

Hi I have a test webservice created in Java which accepts 2 ints and returns their sum as an int. I use Sun App Server 9 and it works fine using JSP pages. In Flash I did the following: 1. Dragged a Webservice connector and gave it the WSDL url. It did find this as it displayed the 'add' operation within the service. However in the Schema tab it did not show the 2 input parameters. Instead it shows 'Params' as a single Object type. It also showed the 'Response' as an Object type. I have attached the WSDL file ...

  1. #1

    Default Problems connecting to a Webservice

    Hi

    I have a test webservice created in Java which accepts 2 ints and returns
    their sum as an int. I use Sun App Server 9 and it works fine using JSP pages.
    In Flash I did the following:

    1. Dragged a Webservice connector and gave it the WSDL url. It did find this
    as it displayed the 'add' operation within the service. However in the Schema
    tab it did not show the 2 input parameters. Instead it shows 'Params' as a
    single Object type. It also showed the 'Response' as an Object type. I have
    attached the WSDL file for info.

    Looking at the WSDL file, the schema is imported from a separate .xsd and
    maybe Flash is not doing the import.

    2. Regardless of the above I manually created 2 int type parameters under
    Params and changed the type for Response to int as well. I then bound these to
    3 UI Text components on the stage. Also created a button to 'trigger' the
    webservice component. However although no error messages are given, nothing
    happens either.

    3. I then tried using the WebService class to connect to the service. I
    tried calling the OnFault method and the Callback result. Again nothing. I
    also tried stepping through using the debugger, but most of it went over my
    head.

    All the help doentation in Flash discusses an RPC style WSDL. However the
    WSDL created for my webservice is of style 'doent'. Where can I find info
    on this?

    Thanks in advance for all help.

    Purvez

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><definitions
    xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
    xmlns:tns="http://calculator.calcs.nexar/"
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
    targetNamespace="http://calculator.calcs.nexar/" name="CalculatorWSService">
    <types>
    <xsd:schema>
    <xsd:import namespace="http://calculator.calcs.nexar/"
    schemaLocation="http://K14204.kingsch.nhs.uk:8080/CalculatorWSApplication/Calcul
    atorWSService/__container$publishing$subctx/WEB-INF/wsdl/CalculatorWSService_sch
    ema1.xsd" xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
    xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/"/>
    </xsd:schema>
    </types>
    <message name="add">
    <part name="parameters" element="tns:add"/>
    </message>
    <message name="addResponse">
    <part name="parameters" element="tns:addResponse"/>
    </message>
    <portType name="CalculatorWS">
    <operation name="add">
    <input message="tns:add"/>
    <output message="tns:addResponse"/>
    </operation>
    </portType>
    <binding name="CalculatorWSPortBinding" type="tns:CalculatorWS">
    <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
    style="doent"/>
    <operation name="add">
    <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
    <input>
    <soap:body use="literal"/>
    </input>
    <output>
    <soap:body use="literal"/>
    </output>
    </operation>
    </binding>
    <service name="CalculatorWSService">
    <port name="CalculatorWSPort" binding="tns:CalculatorWSPortBinding">
    <soap:address
    location="http://K14204.kingsch.nhs.uk:8080/CalculatorWSApplication/CalculatorWS
    Service" xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
    xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/"/>
    </port>
    </service>
    </definitions>

    Purvez Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Problems connecting to a Webservice

    Update on my problem.

    OK I found out that Flash (at least in the MX version) did not support
    'import'. I suspect that is still the situation. Anybody know how to work
    around this?

    Thanks
    Purvez


    Purvez Guest

Similar Threads

  1. Problems connecting to FMS 2
    By tawse in forum Macromedia Flash Flashcom
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 22nd, 08:41 PM
  2. Connecting to a Webservice with vb6
    By AnXiao in forum Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 2nd, 08:46 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 29th, 04:58 AM
  4. Connecting to a Lotus Notes WebService
    By CF_DAWG in forum Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 22nd, 02:40 PM
  5. Connecting to a webservice - deployment
    By Eirik M. in forum ASP.NET Web Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 17th, 06:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139