Professional Web Applications Themes

Problems connecting to FMS 2 - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

Hi there, I'm having problems getting any applications for FMS 2 to work. The server is definitely running - I can see it in Task Manager and I can connect via the management console. I downloaded the sample applications and none of these work and every tutorial I try doesn't work. Nothing seems to connect to the server. In client applications when I check the NetConnection status it says the connection has failed. But I don't see anything in the NetConnection debugger so it's like it hasn't even tried to connect. I'm on Windows XP but I've also tried it ...

  1. #1

    Default Problems connecting to FMS 2

    Hi there,

    I'm having problems getting any applications for FMS 2 to work. The server is
    definitely running - I can see it in Task Manager and I can connect via the
    management console. I downloaded the sample applications and none of these work
    and every tutorial I try doesn't work. Nothing seems to connect to the server.

    In client applications when I check the NetConnection status it says the
    connection has failed. But I don't see anything in the NetConnection debugger
    so it's like it hasn't even tried to connect.

    I'm on Windows XP but I've also tried it on a 2003 machine with no luck. I've
    tried disabling the firewall and that makes no difference either.

    There must be something I'm missing but I can't work it out.

    Thanks for any help you can give me.

    Andy

    tawse Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Problems connecting to FMS 2

    Can you paste your connection code?
    What server are you on?

    [djdomain] Guest

  3. #3

    Sorry I should have said - I'm just developing locally - the server is running
    on the same machine.

    The latest example I tried was this one -
    [url]http://www.flashcomguru.com/tutorials/access_counter.cfm[/url]. I added the following
    to see what was happening with the connection:

    conn_nc.onStatus = function(info) {
    switch (info.code) {
    case "NetConnection.Connect.Success" :
    trace("Online");
    break;
    case "NetConnection.Connect.Failed" :
    trace("Cannot reach server. Possible network error.");
    break;
    case "NetConnection.Connect.Rejected" :
    trace(info.application.msg);
    break;
    case "NetConnection.Connect.Closed" :
    trace("Connection closed.");
    break;
    }
    };

    It gives - "Cannot reach server. Possible network error"

    Plus I've tried the sample applications -
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/sample_apps.html[/url]. So it's all
    pretty standard stuff. I haven't tried developing my own apps yet.

    tawse Guest

  4. #4

    Do u have an applications folde called "counter" in your apps dir?
    [djdomain] Guest

  5. #5

    Yes. It seems to be a more general problem as I haven't got any application to work. I should see something in NetConnection debugger at least shouldn't I?
    tawse Guest

  6. #6

    I've been getting

    Asynchronous I/O operation failed (Failed to attach to completion port: The
    parameter is incorrect. 87).

    in the FMS logs. It's mentioned here:

    [url]http://livedocs.macromedia.com/fms/2/docs/00000009.html[/url]

    [url]https://service.breezecentral.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=[/url]
    578&threadid=1158417&enterthread=y

    But nobody seems to have come up with a solution.

    I'm going to give up for now and try and get it working on a Linux machine.

    Thanks

    tawse Guest

  7. #7

    Got it working on Linux now. For anyone stuck on that, this post helped me
    diagnose the problem:

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=578&threadid=[/url]
    1090584&highlight_key=y&keyword1=FC4

    tawse Guest

  8. #8

    I have NOD32 and Kasperky Anti-Hacker running on my PC.
    I've started inspecting them both when I got the
    NetConnection.Connect.Failed status for my application, and soon
    discovered that NOD32 has an option for IMON to exclude some
    applications from scanning by IMON.

    To add the FMS application to exclusions list go to the IMON
    configuration panel, click Setup in the right panel and then select
    the Miscellaneous tab. After that, click the Edit button and add the
    FMS applications FMSAdmin, FMSCore, FMSEdge, FMSMaster.

    I you have other anti-virus or firewall running, I guess you should
    find such an exception list and add the applications.

    Hope this helps someone, and saves them some hours i spent scratching
    my head :)

    silverpsg@gmail.com Guest