Professional Web Applications Themes

problems creating innodb tables - MySQL

Anytime i create an innodb table mysql connection drops. The frm file gets created, but the table is reported as "in use" and can't be accessed. CREATE TABLE test( test int ) TYPE = innodb MySQL said: Doentation #2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query Mysql seems to be configured to allow innodb tables: Variable Session value Global value have innodb YES YES alex....

  1. #1

    Default problems creating innodb tables

  2. #2

    Default Re: problems creating innodb tables

    Try ENGINE=InnoDB instead of TYPE.

    "alex" <meprivacy.net> schreef in bericht
    > Anytime i create an innodb table mysql connection drops. The frm file
    > gets created, but the table is reported as "in use" and can't be accessed.
    >

    > CREATE TABLE test(
    > test int
    > ) TYPE = innodb
    >
    > MySQL said: Doentation
    > #2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    >

    > Mysql seems to be configured to allow innodb tables:
    >
    > Variable Session value Global value
    > have innodb YES YES
    >

    > alex.

    HH3 Guest

  3. #3

    En/na HH3 ha escrit:
    > Try ENGINE=InnoDB instead of TYPE.
    no joy :(

    SQL query:
    CREATE TABLE test(
    test int
    ) ENGINE = innodb

    #2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

    it also fails in the same way when creating views.

    mysql version is 5.0.22-max under linux.
    alex Guest

  4. #4

    this might be useful:

    InnoDB: Database page corruption on disk or a failed
    InnoDB: file read of page 399.
    InnoDB: You may have to recover from a backup.
    060703 16:58:22 InnoDB: Page dump in ascii and hex (16384 bytes):

    (snip ... page dump)

    ;InnoDB: End of page dump
    060703 16:58:22 InnoDB: Page checksum 3423916029, prior-to-4.0.14-form
    checksum 265310224
    InnoDB: stored checksum 2989763325, prior-to-4.0.14-form stored checksum
    265310224
    InnoDB: Page lsn 0 43826461, low 4 bytes of lsn at page end 43826461
    InnoDB: Page number (if stored to page already) 399,
    InnoDB: space id (if created with >= MySQL-4.1.1 and stored already) 0
    InnoDB: Page may be an 'inode' page
    InnoDB: Database page corruption on disk or a failed
    InnoDB: file read of page 399.
    InnoDB: You may have to recover from a backup.
    InnoDB: It is also possible that your operating
    InnoDB: system has corrupted its own file cache
    InnoDB: and rebooting your computer removes the
    InnoDB: error.
    InnoDB: If the corrupt page is an index page
    InnoDB: you can also try to fix the corruption
    InnoDB: by dumping, dropping, and reimporting
    InnoDB: the corrupt table. You can use CHECK
    InnoDB: TABLE to scan your table for corruption.
    InnoDB: See also [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Forcing_recovery.html[/url]
    InnoDB: about forcing recovery.
    InnoDB: Ending processing because of a corrupt database page.

    Number of processes running now: 0
    060703 16:58:22 mysqld restarted
    060703 16:58:23 InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally!
    InnoDB: Starting crash recovery.
    InnoDB: Reading tablespace information from the .ibd files...
    InnoDB: Restoring possible half-written data pages from the doublewrite
    InnoDB: buffer...
    060703 16:58:23 InnoDB: Starting log scan based on checkpoint at
    InnoDB: log sequence number 0 43842364.
    InnoDB: Doing recovery: scanned up to log sequence number 0 43842364
    InnoDB: Last MySQL binlog file position 0 0, file name
    060703 16:58:23 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43842364
    060703 16:58:23 [Note] /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections.
    Version: '5.0.22-max' socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' port: 3306 MySQL
    Community Edition - Experimental (GPL)
    alex Guest

  5. #5

    alex <meprivacy.net> wrote:
    > Anytime i create an innodb table mysql connection drops. The frm file
    > gets created, but the table is reported as "in use" and can't be accessed.
    >
    > CREATE TABLE test(
    > test int
    > ) TYPE = innodb
    >
    > MySQL said: Doentation
    > #2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    Your MySQL server is crashing. There can be many reasons.
    Please have a look at MySQLs error log.

    XL

    Online User Manual: [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/[/url]
    MySQL User Forums: [url]http://forums.mysql.com/[/url]
    Axel Schwenke Guest

  6. #6

    alex <meprivacy.net> wrote:
    > this might be useful:
    >
    > InnoDB: Database page corruption on disk or a failed
    > InnoDB: file read of page 399.
    > InnoDB: You may have to recover from a backup.
    Well, your InnoDB table space is corrupted. Probably you have a serious
    problem with either your hardware (disks) or software (filesystem bug).
    First of all you should find and fix this problem. Have a look into
    your syslog for hard disk problems.
    > InnoDB: If the corrupt page is an index page
    > InnoDB: you can also try to fix the corruption
    > InnoDB: by dumping, dropping, and reimporting
    > InnoDB: the corrupt table. You can use CHECK
    > InnoDB: TABLE to scan your table for corruption.
    > InnoDB: See also [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Forcing_recovery.html[/url]
    > InnoDB: about forcing recovery.
    There is not much to add. If you have a backup of your InnoDB tables
    you should remove the table space(s) and start with a fresh one.

  7. #7

    En/na Axel Schwenke ha escrit:
    > Well, your InnoDB table space is corrupted. Probably you have a serious
    > problem with either your hardware (disks) or software (filesystem bug).
    > First of all you should find and fix this problem. Have a look into
    > your syslog for hard disk problems.
    I finally got innodb working again... I just had to begin with a clean
    mysql installation.. (i was installing mysql OVER my previous mysql
    installation to keep data files etc). Disks seem to be ok though.

    I copied the corrupted database but the tables are still reported as "IN
    USE". But i can now create views and innodb tables without problems. At
    least I managed to recover about the 90% of my data (and lost data isn't
    relevant).

    thanks,
    alex.
    alex Guest

  8. #8

    alex wrote:
    > En/na Axel Schwenke ha escrit:
    >
    >> Well, your InnoDB table space is corrupted. Probably you have a serious
    >> problem with either your hardware (disks) or software (filesystem bug).
    >> First of all you should find and fix this problem. Have a look into
    >> your syslog for hard disk problems.
    >

    > I finally got innodb working again... I just had to begin with a clean
    > mysql installation.. (i was installing mysql OVER my previous mysql
    > installation to keep data files etc). Disks seem to be ok though.
    >
    > I copied the corrupted database but the tables are still reported as "IN
    > USE". But i can now create views and innodb tables without problems. At
    > least I managed to recover about the 90% of my data (and lost data isn't
    > relevant).
    >
    > thanks,
    > alex.
    Alex,

    NEVER a good idea! There is no guarantee the new database is 100% compatible with the older format.
    MySQL tries to make it work, but it doesn't always work, as you noticed.

    ALWAYS backup all your data (including MYSQL tables) before moving to a new version. Then you can
    restore afterwards if necessary.

    --
    Remove the "x" from my email address