Professional Web Applications Themes

Problems printing to custom sized paper-What happened to Page Setup in AI.CS? - Adobe Illustrator Macintosh

Hi, I just switched from AI.9 in OS9 to AI.CS in OSX. After resolving the font problems (ATM Deluxe doesn't work in that environment and I had to install FontAgent Pro), now I can't print to the custom size I need for my doent. There is no Page Setup in the AI.CS file menu and when I access it via the Print menu, I get a message telling me I should take "full advantage of the Illustrator print capabilities and set all the print options from the Print dialog box." Well, that Print dialog box doesn't let me set my ...

  1. #1

    Default Problems printing to custom sized paper-What happened to Page Setup in AI.CS?

    Hi,
    I just switched from AI.9 in OS9 to AI.CS in OSX. After resolving the font problems (ATM Deluxe doesn't work in that environment and I had to install FontAgent Pro), now I can't print to the custom size I need for my doent. There is no Page Setup in the AI.CS file menu and when I access it via the Print menu, I get a message telling me I should take "full advantage of the Illustrator print capabilities and set all the print options from the Print dialog box."
    Well, that Print dialog box doesn't let me set my custom paper size.
    When I do set it in the Page Setup despite the "warning", I CAN set the custom paper size, it LOOKS all right in the preview window, BUT it prints only the lower left quarter of the page...in the upper left corner!
    I have encountered the same problem trying to print that doent from Acrobat CS.
    Have been struggling with this for 2 days.
    Please help!
    Thank you so much!
    Marie-Anne_Verougstraete@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    OK check this out, it appears you have been trying different settings without really thinking about what they mean.

    In the print dialog where it was paper size and defined by printer that is a pull done menu and you will find an option for other paper sizes and one for custom but you can do this as well in the Page Setup but you have to kind of make sure they match.

    Then in the setup portion of the print dialog you either have artwork or crop area selected instead of artboard and you may also have the origin set to the upper left hand corner.

    Is this possible?
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Wade,

    Thank you so much for taking the time to help me figure this out. For some reason the custom size is grayed out in the paper size pull down menu. But I compared with other files and there it does work. So it's a problem related to that particular file.

    I spent quite some time reading through these forums and wound up downloading an upgrade of my printer driver. After that I was able to print, by setting the Page Setup to my custom size, even though "custom" is still grayed out in the pull down menu. And I think I had "artwork" instead of artboard, which might have caused the strange cropping of my image.

    Thanks again!
    Marie-Anne
    Marie-Anne_Verougstraete@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I am pleased that you are on the right track. You should check back with the forum in case someone else has similar problems you sound like you are familiar with the workings of AI.

    I hope your Holiday was a pleasant one.
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Yes, I use AI all the time.