The message would indicate that you are trying to boot from the c: drive
(presumably the new hard drive) and NOT the XP CD. Set the BIOS to boot
from the CD Drive (which is NOT going to be a c: drive!) and then follow the
instructions on the screen.

First thing you will see after the basic CMOS info is:

Press A Key to Boot from CD....

(press any key, even the space bar!)

Then follow the instructions to partition the hard drive, format it and
proceed with a clean install.

Cari
[url]www.coribright.com[/url]