Professional Web Applications Themes

Problems saving from Illustrator CS - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Like everyone else I am unable to save my files in Illustrator CS2 I have tried saving in various file formats, onto various drives, and unchecked the box to save as a PDF compatible file but I still get the message "UNKNOWN ERROR HAS OCCURED"...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Problems saving from Illustrator CS

    Like everyone else I am unable to save my files in Illustrator CS2 I have tried saving in various file formats, onto various drives, and unchecked the box to save as a PDF compatible file but I still get the message "UNKNOWN ERROR HAS OCCURED"
    Aaron_Brookhart@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    RoyArauz@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. #3

    [quote] At least for my own saving problems, I have figured out a solution. I have CS2 on windows, so this may not apply to everyone. Here is what is working for me:

    When I save, I uncheck the box to save as a PDF compatible file.

    This has been working every time. Let me know if it works for you. [\quote]

    No this did not work for me... :(
    Rufus_Dufus@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Rufus,
    It worked for me until I needed to be able to save as PDF, then I needed to find a real fix. I ended up reinstalling after a manual uninstall of all adobe programs on my system. Even registry keys were deleted. Everything works now.
    robert_gottier@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I also am having the same problems. I didn't have a problem saving an .ai file with PDF compatibility unchecked but now I need to export PDF's and its not working. Seems to be a PDF problem here but I wouldn't know for sure.
    Frankie_Boombatts@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Frankie,
    Did you upgrade from an older version of Photoshop or Reader? I'm just curious, because I had.
    robert_gottier@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    No wasn't an upgrade I have both Illustrator CS and CS2 installed on my work machine. CS hasn't changed at all CS2 on the other hand is acting crazy.
    Frankie_Boombatts@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Frankie, I would call technical support. Since you are running the two latest full versions of Illustrator, they owe you some technical support time.
    robert_gottier@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Hi,

    I have been having the same problem with being unable to save with 'PDF Compatibility" checked...keeping it unchecked is not an option for me, I need it.

    Robert Gottier, you said everything worked for you after you manually uninstalled ALL Adobe programs (including registry keys). Were you then able to reinstall all your Adobe software without recurrence of the problem? You are the only person I have seen post that they got rid of the problem, so I am hoping your success truly was 100%, and I will try it too.

    Thanks,

    Al
    Al_Bayo@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    There is a save problem associated with one of the other files in the same folder as the AIPrefs file. Deleting/renaming all files (not folders) in there solves it. There is a PDF presets file that might be corrupted. Worth a try. steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Al, yes, after manual uninstall, my reinstall was successful. Make sure to reinstall in simplified mode (all msconfig startup programs turned off). Everything works perfectly, and I haven't had a problem in any Adobe program since.

    Good luck,
    Robert
    robert_gottier@adobeforums.com Guest