Professional Web Applications Themes

problems with displaying the result.cfm page - Coldfusion Database Access

:confused; in my site i have used a search.cfm page and a result.cfm page. although internet explorer displays the search page, when i perform a search i get this message : the result page cannot be found. WHYYY???? does anyone have an idea ?...

  1. #1

    Default problems with displaying the result.cfm page

    :confused;

    in my site i have used a search.cfm page and a result.cfm page. although
    internet explorer displays the search page, when i perform a search i get this
    message : the result page cannot be found. WHYYY????
    does anyone have an idea ?

    vasoulitsa Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: problems with displaying the result.cfm page

    Possibly a typo in the action attribute of the form in your search page.
    Dan Bracuk Guest

  4. #4

    > in my site i have used a search.cfm page and a result.cfm page. although
    > internet explorer displays the search page, when i perform a search i get
    this
    > message : the result page cannot be found. WHYYY????
    > does anyone have an idea ?
    Make sure that the action attibute of the form tag from your search page
    points to a valid page.

    --
    <mack />

    Neculai Macarie Guest

  5. #5

    but when i use coldfusion offline everything is running properly and when i upload my site the search page cannot be found....

    please help me...
    vasoulitsa Guest

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Sounds like your development machine is Windows, which is not case sensitive, and the web server is unix, which is.
    Dan Bracuk Guest

  8. #8

    > but when i use coldfusion offline everything is running properly and when
    i upload my site the search page cannot be found....

    Does the result page exit on the server (take the value of the action
    attribute and try to retrieve it from the browser) ?

    --
    <mack />

    Neculai Macarie Guest

  9. #9

    YES, the result page exits on the server, but still i get this message : "the result page cannot be found " when i perform a search

    please help me
    vasoulitsa Guest

  10. #10

    please help me SOOOOOOOS
    vasoulitsa Guest

  11. #11

    vasoulitsa wrote:
    > YES, the result page exits on the server, but still i get this
    > message : "the result page cannot be found " when i perform a search
    >
    > please help me
    What happens when you use the full path to the result file:
    [url]http://www.domain.com/results.cfm[/url] in your action attribute:
    <form action="http://www.domain.com/results.cfm">

    --
    <mack />

    Neculai Macarie Guest

  12. #12

    again the same problem. nothing happens...
    vasoulitsa Guest

  13. #13

    this is the message:
    The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because the page address is
    incorrect.

    HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed
    Internet Information Services

    vasoulitsa Guest

  14. #14

    Can you post the URL?
    chuckbeckwith Guest

  15. #15

    vasoulitsa, it sounds like the results.cfm page is not, as you think it is, on
    the server. Double check all that, then post back.

    And in the future, private messaging for help is frowned upon. Do it in the
    forums and everyone can benefit from it.

    Kronin555 Guest

  16. #16

    vasoulitsa wrote:
    > this is the message:
    > The page cannot be displayed
    > The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because the page
    > address is incorrect.

    ------

    > HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed
    > Internet Information Services
    This sounds like an IIS problem, not a CF one. Is the results page in a
    different directory or has different permissions ?

    --
    <mack />

    Neculai Macarie Guest

  17. #17

    the url is: [url]www.tripaki.gr[/url]
    the search page is: [url]www.tripaki.gr/Arxeio.cfm[/url]
    the result page is: [url]www.tripaki.gr/Result.cfm[/url]
    vasoulitsa Guest

  18. #18

    vasoulitsa wrote:
    > the url is: [url]www.tripaki.gr[/url]
    > the search page is: [url]www.tripaki.gr/Arxeio.cfm[/url]
    > the result page is: [url]www.tripaki.gr/Result.cfm[/url]
    Your web adapter is not installed properly, I could see your code in the
    Result.cfm page. Run the wsconfig file from the bin directory to attach CF
    to IIS and then restart both CF and IIS.

    --
    <mack />

    Neculai Macarie Guest

  19. #19

    what do mean you could see my code in the Result.cfm page. Could you perform a
    search from the Arxeio.cfm and see the results in the Result.cfm page. I can
    see my Result.cfm when i manually write the address and not when i perform a
    search from the Arxeio.cfm

    i run the wsconfig file from the bin directory to attach CF to IIS but nothing
    happened--
    ????????
    vaso:confused;

    vasoulitsa Guest

  20. #20

    vasoulitsa,

    When I go here:
    [url]www.tripaki.gr/Arxeio.cfm[/url]
    or here:
    [url]www.tripaki.gr/Result.cfm[/url]

    I actually get the contents of the Coldfusion page, not the generated HTML
    result. I'm not sure what browser you're using to test this on, but if you go
    to Arxeio.cfm and View Source, you will see the Coldfusion code in the page.

    What Neculai is saying is that your web server isn't configured to pass
    requests for .cfm pages to your Coldfusion server. Are you sure that your
    hosting provider supports coldfusion? There needs to be a Coldfusion server
    installed on the hosting server, and IIS needs to be configured to pass
    requests for .cfm pages to it, in order to use Coldfusion on your site.

    Kronin555 Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast