Professional Web Applications Themes

Problems with DreamweaverMX and Norton Firewall - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I have DreamweaverMX installed as part of StudioMX, and Norton Firewall 2002 on a Windows 2000 system with Service Pack 1. I use IIS as a local Web server -- the correct term is Web publisher -- along with PHP and MySQL. The firewall is set to "Automatic" for Macromedia meaning that it uses the default settings. If the firewall is enabled, I can't access the site settings on Dreamweaver, which I've been using for the last year. Anybody know a way around this bug?...

  1. #1

    Default Problems with DreamweaverMX and Norton Firewall

    JimOnThePeninsulaSortOf webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Are the site files located on a local drive or a network share?

    "JimOnThePeninsulaSortOf" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I have DreamweaverMX installed as part of StudioMX, and Norton Firewall
    2002
    > on a Windows 2000 system with Service Pack 1. I use
    > IIS as a local Web server -- the correct term is Web publisher --
    > along with PHP and MySQL. The firewall is set to "Automatic" for
    > Macromedia meaning that it uses the default settings.
    >
    > If the firewall is enabled, I can't access the site settings on
    Dreamweaver,
    > which I've been using for the last year.
    >
    > Anybody know a way around this bug?

    Les Matthews Guest

  3. #3

    JimOnThePeninsulaSortOf webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Everything is on the same local drive.

  5. #5

    One correction: my Norton Personal Firewall 2002 rule for Macromedia
    is "Permit All" meaning that all inbound and outbound packets are
    accepted.

    JimCOnThePeninsula webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    "JimCOnThePeninsula" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > One correction: my Norton Personal Firewall 2002 rule for Macromedia
    > is "Permit All" meaning that all inbound and outbound packets are
    > accepted.
    >
    > I have DreamweaverMX installed as part of StudioMX, and Norton Firewall
    2002
    > on a Windows 2000 system with Service Pack 1. I use
    > IIS as a local Web server -- the correct term is Web publisher --
    > along with PHP and MySQL. The firewall is set to "Automatic" for
    > Macromedia meaning that it uses the default settings.
    >
    > If the firewall is enabled, I can't access the site settings on
    Dreamweaver,
    > which I've been using for the last year.
    >
    > Anybody know a way around this bug?
    I have resorted to Apache, ver. 2, as a work-around, and everything is
    performing well. The fire-wall is on, and I even detected an intrusion
    attempt, probably a pop-up, from an IPA that is registered to Banco
    de Panama. What I don't appreciate is Norton/Symantek's blithe
    recommendation that I accept inbound packets from nearly
    anything with a valid IPA.

    My apologies for the incorrectly formatted posts earlier in this
    thread. I posted from Macromedia's on-line forum using
    unfamiliar software.

    --
    Jim Collier
    See what's cooking at Cross-Comp.