Professional Web Applications Themes

problems with photoshopCS lighting effects filter - Adobe Photoshop Mac CS, CS2 & CS3

we're using photoshopCS on a g4 running osx.3 and are regularly getting problems with the lighting effects filter. the error message reads 'could not complete command because a requested property value could not be found' when the filter is selected from the menu when working with rgb doents. anyone got any ideas? cheers, kate...

  1. #1

    Default problems with photoshopCS lighting effects filter

    kate_newcombe@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Doug_Katz@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    kate, is there anything on your Clipboard when you see this problem? If so, from where was the Clipboard content copied? Illustrator? Somewhere else?
    Doug_Katz@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Doug, hi. I'm often trying to apply the lighting filter through a channel into which i've just pasted a path from illustrator. The lighting effects filter sometimes works fine, especially if i've been working in photoshop for a while. I'll just go see if cutting a photoshop object directly before calling up the filter resolves the issue. Sounds like you might have cracked it! thanks :) kate x
    kate_newcombe@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    kate, the fix is to PURGE your Clipboard (File menu) before using the lighting effects filter. I asked my questions because I'm trying to isolate whether it's clipboard content from AI alone or ANY clipboard content.

    (Is that 'x' after your name a kiss?)
    Doug_Katz@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Will give it a go Doug. Thanks *so* much for your help. and yes, in the uk, 'x' is most definitely a kiss! :)
    kate_newcombe@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hmm now I suppose that Kate will be getting MY Godivas?
    Ann_Shelbourne@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Not in a million years.

    She'll be getting HER Godivas.
    Doug_Katz@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    That's a relief!
    :~)
    Ann_Shelbourne@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Doug, I have had this problem with Lighting Effects (and also a third party plug-in I occasionally use called Coco), and your solution works perfectly. I have experimented a bit with putting things on the clipboard from various programs, and it seems to be with Illustrator content that this happens, on my machine. Thanks again for solving what has been a perplexing problem!
    Zina_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Hello all,

    First, I'm new to this board (I'm a 6 weeks old switcher). I'm a regular on the Photoshop Elements forum, though.

    Anyway... I've had the same problem, but with Color Consultant Pro. I purged the clipboard and Bingo! It now works fine!

    Thanks a lot,

    Ray
    Raymond Robillard Guest