Professional Web Applications Themes

Problems with Recordset after install MX Site Searchextension - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

Hi guys, After install the MX Site Search extension in my Dreamweaver 8, i can't create Recordset. I press the button and nothig is happen. I already uninnstall the extension, dreamweaver and continue same problem. Please i need fix this problem. Help me!...

  1. #1

    Default Problems with Recordset after install MX Site Searchextension

    Hi guys,

    After install the MX Site Search extension in my Dreamweaver 8, i can't
    create Recordset. I press the button and nothig is happen. I already uninnstall
    the extension, dreamweaver and continue same problem.

    Please i need fix this problem.

    Help me!

    Leandro Cunha Guest

  2. #2

    Sounds to me like the extension overwrote the Dreamweaver recordset code.
    Extension developers should never never do that .. but a few do
    unfortunately.

    If you're on a windows machine, try going to C:\Doents and
    Settings\yourname\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\ and throw away
    the User Configuration folder. The next time Dreamweaver is opened, it will
    generate a new User Configuration folder for you (make sure you have your
    extensions saved somewhere as it will be a clean configuration folder) and
    you should be all right.

    If the main recordset code was overwritten, you will have no choice but to
    uninstall DW8 and reinstall it from a CD or fresh download.

    --
    Nancy Gill
    Adobe Community Expert
    Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
    Technical Editor: DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's
    Guide, Mastering Macromedia Contribute
    Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

    "Leandro Cunha" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > After install the MX Site Search extension in my Dreamweaver 8, i can't
    > create Recordset. I press the button and nothig is happen. I already
    > uninnstall
    > the extension, dreamweaver and continue same problem.
    >
    > Please i need fix this problem.
    >
    > Help me!

    Nancy *ACE* Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    We don't overwrite any file in Dreamweaver 8. However, there is a bug
    in the product, and sometimes it crashes a Cache File that you have to
    delete in order to re-gain control over the product.

    Please check this technote that will help you locate and delete the
    Cache file.

    [url]http://www.interaktonline.com/Support/Knowledgebase/Technote/Details/185/15/[/url]

    Alexandru

    acostin@interaktonline.com Guest