Hello!

I have got a little problem with DB2 Enterprise Edition Version 8.1.0
for Linux when entering special german characters as or , ,
(I hope they will appear correctly in this message :-)

First, whenn entering a "" within a string there is no problem, but
when this character appears at the end befor the quote I get an error
message telling a quote is missing. I got a workaround by adding a
blank at the end of every string ending with a ""

Second I also get error messages when inserting strings containing
umlauts like "", "". "" but teh strange thing is, I could not find
any rule when an error appears and when not. I am only sure that it
has to do with the umlauts.

It always say something like there is a quote missing

I already tried using an extra quote or a backslash "\" but that did
not work.

As I am very new to DB2 I am happy about every hint I get from you.
Thank you in advance.

Below you will find two different error messages as examples:
----------------------
DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was
not a
valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it
returned:
SQL0010N The string constant beginning with "',0,'','')" does not have
an
ending string delimiter. SQLSTATE=42603
DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was
not a
valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it
returned:
SQL0007N The character "" following "Coburg.de','Viele Gr" is not
valid.
SQLSTATE=42601