Professional Web Applications Themes

Project 7 Menu is crazy in IE for Mac, what can I do? - Macromedia Fireworks

So I ended up making my pop-up menu using the PVII techniques which worked pretty good, but I noticed that it looks and works right in Safari, but not in IE on my Mac. When I view it on IE the pop-up layers aren't in the correct position. They address this in the notes section, but is there anything I can do about it?? Dubs...

  1. #1

    Default Project 7 Menu is crazy in IE for Mac, what can I do?

    So I ended up making my pop-up menu using the PVII techniques which worked
    pretty good, but I noticed that it looks and works right in Safari, but not
    in IE on my Mac. When I view it on IE the pop-up layers aren't in the
    correct position. They address this in the notes section, but is there
    anything I can do about it??

    Dubs

    Steven Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Project 7 Menu is crazy in IE for Mac, what can I do?

    Steven Dubbeldam wrote:

    For questions about PVII products you should go to their own forums
    where you'll find many very helpful people. The newsgroup address is on
    the following page:

    http://www.projectseven.com/support/

    HTH!

    Stéphane Bergeron
    Stéphane Guest

  3. #3

    Make sure you include a URI to the page in question. It's a certainty that
    you have made a slip in implementing them.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Steven Dubbeldam" <com> wrote in message
    not

    Murray Guest

  4. #4

    Murray:

    Here's the URL: http://testweb.bethelcrc.ca

    It works fine in IE on a PC and fine on my Mac in Safari, it only doesn't
    work right in my Mac in IE.

    Thanks,

    dubs

    Steven Guest

  5. #5

    Steven:

    What is this?

    <script language="JavaScript1.2">mmLoadMenus();</script>

    and this?

    <!--

    function mmLoadMenus() {

    if(window.mm_menu_0126132126_0) return;

    You gotta take the FW menus off the page first....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Steven Dubbeldam" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  6. #6

    Steven Dubbeldam wrote:

    Take all of the Macromedia menu code out of the page :-)

    IE5 Mac is badly broken in its DOM implementation, which is usually not
    a problem unless you try to use SnapLayers to position things (there are
    much better ways if you are advanced with the use of CSS). In any event,
    to make the positioning perfect in IE5 Mac you need to use deprecated
    body margin attributes:

    --
    Al Sparber - PVII
    http://www.projectseven.com

    Al Guest

  7. #7

    Al:

    No kidding? Wow - it gets curiouser and curiouser.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Al Sparber- PVII" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  8. #8

    I don't think I am 'web-savvy' enough to get the joke, or to get what to do
    with <body top-margin="0" left-margin="0"> is that gonna help me out? Do I
    insert it into the code? Remember that I know mostly nothing about HTML, I
    can only make it look pretty. My problem is always making it work.

    Dubs

    On 1/29/04 10:44 AM, in article bvbgu9$rv$macromedia.com, "Murray
    *TMM*" <com> wrote:

    > No kidding? Wow - it gets curiouser and curiouser.[/ref]

    Steven Guest

  9. #9

    Steven Dubbeldam wrote:

    Dubs,

    Using Code View, put top-margin="0" left-margin="0" in the <body> tag,
    just like Al typed it.

    I'm not picking on you, but may I suggest a basic course in HTML, or at
    least a good book to get you started? If you intend to get into web
    design, you really need to know at least basic HTML because real
    tweaking is done in the code. That will not be going away any time soon. :-)

    --
    John
    John Guest

  10. #10

    Ok I entered the margin parameters into the body tag like Al suggested and
    it still isn't behaving correctly in IE on my Mac. It didn't seem to change
    anything, and I'm pretty sure I inserted it right. It's up on the same URL:

    http://testweb.bethelcrc.ca

    Dubs

    On 1/29/04 10:39 AM, in article bvbggm$9a$macromedia.com, "Al
    Sparber- PVII" <com> wrote:

    > Take all of the Macromedia menu code out of the page :-)
    >
    > IE5 Mac is badly broken in its DOM implementation, which is usually not
    > a problem unless you try to use SnapLayers to position things (there are
    > much better ways if you are advanced with the use of CSS). In any event,
    > to make the positioning perfect in IE5 Mac you need to use deprecated
    > body margin attributes:

    >[/ref]

    Steven Guest

  11. #11

    Did you take the old menu code out?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Steven Dubbeldam" <com> wrote in message
    change
    > > Take all of the Macromedia menu code out of the page :-)
    > >
    > > IE5 Mac is badly broken in its DOM implementation, which is usually not
    > > a problem unless you try to use SnapLayers to position things (there are
    > > much better ways if you are advanced with the use of CSS). In any event,
    > > to make the positioning perfect in IE5 Mac you need to use deprecated
    > > body margin attributes:

    > >[/ref]
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  12. #12

    Yeah I rebuilt the entire thing using only the images that I needed, it is
    updated at this URL: http://testweb.bethelcrc.ca

    On 1/29/04 11:37 AM, in article bvbk2o$5av$macromedia.com, "Murray

    Steven Guest

  13. #13

    Steven Dubbeldam wrote:

    The correct syntax is <body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0"> without the
    dashes.

    HTH!

    Stéphane

    Stéphane Guest

  14. #14

    Thanks for the syntax fix, but it still didn't seem to change anything about
    how the menu behaves. The drop-down menu is still coming up in the wrong
    position when I view it in IE on my Mac. I have updated the page again with
    the syntax change you suggested here:

    http://testweb.bethelcrc.ca

    Dubs

    On 1/29/04 11:47 AM, in article bvbkdj$5fn$macromedia.com,
    "Stéphane Bergeron" <com> wrote:

    > The correct syntax is <body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0"> without the
    > dashes.
    >
    > HTH!
    >
    > Stéphane
    >
    >[/ref]

    Steven Guest

  15. #15

    Dubs:

    I don't find any page there now....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Steven Dubbeldam" <com> wrote in message
    about
    with

    > > The correct syntax is <body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0"> without the
    > > dashes.
    > >
    > > HTH!
    > >
    > > Stéphane
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  16. #16

    Sorry it should be up now:

    http://testweb.bethelcrc.ca

    On 1/29/04 12:02 PM, in article bvblhn$78j$macromedia.com, "Murray

    Steven Guest

  17. #17

    OK - got it now.

    Here's your body tag -

    onLoad="MM_preloadImages('../NavBar/bethelnavbar_r2_c2_f3.gif','../NavBar/be
    thelnavbar_r2_c4_f2.gif','../NavBar/bethelnavbar_r2_c3_f3.gif','../NavBar/be
    thelnavbar_r2_c5_f3.gif','../NavBar/bethelnavbar_r2_c6_f3.gif')"
    onResize="P7_Snap('leftanchor','closer',0,0,'lefta nchor','youthmenu',0,0)"
    topmargin="0" leftmargin="0">

    A properly applied SNAP behavior will have the javascript called TWICE from
    the body tag, once onLoad and once onResize. You are only calling it once,
    so change this -

    onResize="P7_Snap('leftanchor','closer',0,0,'lefta nchor','youthmenu',0,0)"
    topmargin="0" leftmargin="0">

    to this -

    onLoad="P7_Snap('leftanchor','closer',0,0,'leftanc hor','youthmenu',0,0)"
    onResize="P7_Snap('leftanchor','closer',0,0,'lefta nchor','youthmenu',0,0)"
    topmargin="0" leftmargin="0">

    In addition, if you want to support NN4x, then you would need to have a call
    to ReDoIt in there. I'm not going to deal with that right now.

    You should also know that IE/Mac has a problem with layers where the actual
    contents overflow the dimensions of the layer in height. To fix that you
    should change this -

    width:134px; height:77px;

    to this -

    width:134px;

    I guess things will work OK now.

    By the way - I wouldn't consider using Flash buttons in that menu....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Steven Dubbeldam" <com> wrote in message
    about
    with

    > > The correct syntax is <body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0"> without the
    > > dashes.
    > >
    > > HTH!
    > >
    > > Stéphane
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  18. #18

    Steven Dubbeldam wrote:
    || Sorry it should be up now:
    || http://testweb.bethelcrc.ca

    I think Al is helping you with CSS over at the PVII ng - just thought you
    should know that IE6 is showing a js error.

    I think you need to remove this line .....

    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2>mmLoadMenus();</SCRIPT>

    HTH
    --
    Keep in touch with yourself !!

    Cheers
    Sinclair

    djinn Guest

  19. #19

    I made those changes....i think. And the menu is in a different position
    now, but not the right one. Hmmmm maybe my computer is possessed.

    Dubs

    Steven Guest

  20. #20

    Have you uploaded the changed page?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    "Steven Dubbeldam" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast