Professional Web Applications Themes

ProShow... sick! - Photography

Wow, thanks for the recommendations on ProShow - it's way good! (and now what crap I think Director is... hehe) One problem though, not with ProShow but with photo presentations in general... and that is displaying a vertical image on a horizontal monitor. What I want to do is show the top half of the vertical photo (spread across the width of the screen) and pan down the photo to the bottom. From there I will do the transition to the next photo. Any ideas on how to do this? Cheers! eddie...

  1. #1

    Default ProShow... sick!

    Wow, thanks for the recommendations on ProShow - it's way good!

    (and now what crap I think Director is... hehe) One problem though, not
    with ProShow but with photo presentations in general... and that is
    displaying a vertical image on a horizontal monitor.

    What I want to do is show the top half of the vertical photo (spread across
    the width of the screen) and pan down the photo to the bottom. From there I
    will do the transition to the next photo. Any ideas on how to do this?

    Cheers!
    eddie

    eddie Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: ProShow... sick!

    "eddie" <com> wrote in message
    across

    There's nothing about this in the Help file.

    How about preparing 3 or 4 horizontal images from the original vertical
    image,
    from top to bottom, overlapping each other, and using the fade transition to
    go from top image in steps through to the bottom image?

    max Guest

  3. #3

    "eddie" <com> wrote in message
    across

    Hmmm??? I don't think you can do it with a jpg :-(

    I think with ProShow you can include an MPG (I will need to check that), but
    if it can that should do it.

    ..... perhaps....fingers crossed....maybe??

    Rusty

    AU Guest

  4. #4

    "max morrison" <net.au> wrote in message
    > across [/ref]
    there

    > There's nothing about this in the Help file.
    >
    > How about preparing 3 or 4 horizontal images from the original vertical
    > image,
    > from top to bottom, overlapping each other, and using the fade transition[/ref]

    Very clever! :-)

    AU Guest

  5. #5

    "AU Digital Photo Of The Day" <com.au> wrote in message
    > across [/ref]
    there

    > Hmmm??? I don't think you can do it with a jpg :-(
    >
    > I think with ProShow you can include an MPG (I will need to check that),[/ref]
    but

    :-( nothing in the help file about including an MPEG file Only outputing
    as one..... perhaps I was thinking about another program.

    Although you could always output the slide show as an MPEG and then "strip
    in" the scrolling image scene..... but then you will have none of the
    slideshow viewing options.

    I like the segment & fade idea of Max's

    AU Guest

  6. #6

    "max morrison" <net.au> wrote in message news:3fbb1349$adelaide.on.net...
    > across
    >
    > There's nothing about this in the Help file.
    >
    > How about preparing 3 or 4 horizontal images from the original vertical
    > image,
    > from top to bottom, overlapping each other, and using the fade transition to
    > go from top image in steps through to the bottom image?
    > [/ref]

    I put an mpeg illustrating what I mean here ...
    matt.loftinspace.com.au/firefighters.mpg
    Be warned, though. It's about 2 megs.

    mm

    max Guest

  7. #7

    "AU Digital Photo Of The Day" <com.au> wrote in message
    news:bpf4f2$sqj$austar.net.au... [/ref][/ref]
    not
    > > across [/ref]
    > there [/ref][/ref]
    this?

    > > Hmmm??? I don't think you can do it with a jpg :-(
    > >
    > > I think with ProShow you can include an MPG (I will need to check that),[/ref]
    > but
    >
    > :-( nothing in the help file about including an MPEG file Only outputing
    > as one..... perhaps I was thinking about another program.
    >
    > Although you could always output the slide show as an MPEG and then "strip
    > in" the scrolling image scene..... but then you will have none of the
    > slideshow viewing options.
    >
    > I like the segment & fade idea of Max's[/ref]

    Thanks guys. In case anyone is wondering I grouped my show into three
    sets... horizontals, then fade to black, then verticals, then fade to black,
    then horizontals again :-) I am now a ProShow addict, hehe. Owe you one,
    heh! Eddie

    eddie Guest

  8. #8

    eddie wrote:

    Its very simple to do in other programs. I would not use director to
    construct such presentation either.

    How many slides do you have in the presentation? And how much time do
    you have to construct a slide show?

    I have read your further reply that you have solved the issue but I
    personally don't like putting black spaces between groups of slides.

    W1

    --
    to reply add "one" to make a zone

    Wiz Guest

  9. #9

    > What I want to do is show the top half of the vertical photo (spread
    across

    I recently looked at ProShow and didn't like it. I've been using, and will
    continue using, GlobFX Composer http://www.globfx.com/
    It's a pity that it's mostly a great program, but the supports non-existant
    and they don't look like they're continuing development. It's a pity because
    it really is nice (IMHO). So far as I know, it's the only slideshow program
    that does panning of images (actually, you give it a straight line path so
    the
    panning doesn't have to be horiz.).

    Rob

    Robert Guest