Professional Web Applications Themes

PS8, Panther and Canon scanner problem, HELP - Adobe Photoshop Mac CS, CS2 & CS3

I upgraded from PS7 to PS8 (PS CS) and now PS doesn't recognize my Canon CanoScan LieDE 30 scanner. I went to the Canon website to get the lastest driver but still no luck. I also upgraded from Jaguar to Panther at the same time as I upgraded to the Adobe CS suite, so I don't know if the problem is Adobe or Apple. Has anyone had problems with their scanners and PS8? There used to be a selection under File/Import/Twain something or other, but now there's nothing. There was also an option under the File/Import to select the CanoScan ...

  1. #1

    Default PS8, Panther and Canon scanner problem, HELP

    I upgraded from PS7 to PS8 (PS CS) and now PS doesn't recognize my Canon CanoScan LieDE 30 scanner. I went to the Canon website to get the lastest driver but still no luck.

    I also upgraded from Jaguar to Panther at the same time as I upgraded to the Adobe CS suite, so I don't know if the problem is Adobe or Apple.

    Has anyone had problems with their scanners and PS8? There used to be a selection under File/Import/Twain something or other, but now there's nothing. There was also an option under the File/Import to select the CanoScan scanner, but now there's nothing.

    Help please

    Thanks
    GotGraphic@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PS8, Panther and Canon scanner problem, HELP

    reinstall your drivers and repair the permissions.
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Wade. Completly forgot about the driver... my bad, do I feel stupid.
    GotGraphic@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Does this mean that the LiDE 30 will work with PS8 and Panther? I wasn't able to find any doentation about this combination functioning together.

    Thanks,
    Shawn
    Shawn_Vann@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Shawn that appears to be what GotGraphic is saying, just reinstall the new driver and repair the permissions.

    Glad you solved your problem and who doesn't do from time to time.

    You know I give this advice so often I can't count how many times and yet when I have this problem myself I just can't figure what I'm doing wrong. Go figure.
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Yep, what Wade said. Everything works great with the scanner, my Adobe apps and Panther (10.3). I just needed to find the CD-ROM that came with the scanner and reinstalle the drivers (so make sure you never lose track of all the CD-ROMS that come with any hardware you get).

    I don't remember if I ever found an update at the Canon site. But if I recall correctly, I think there was an update that would update the EXHISTING drivers. In other words, if you didn't already have the drivers installed, then the update wouldn't work.
    GotGraphic@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Nice. Very nice. I actually don't have the scanner yet but was strongly considering it until I couldn't find anything on the Canon site about Panther. I guess I am going to swing by the store today and take a final look.
    Shawn_Vann@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I'm happy with it :D
    GotGraphic@adobeforums.com Guest