Professional Web Applications Themes

PSE 2/Mac problem - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Occasionaly the command-spacebar (to zoom in), option-spacebar (to zoom out) and the spacebar (to temporarily get the hand tool) quit working. I can't figure out what makes them not work, since they seem to have a mind of their own and will just start working again. Anybody else experienced this?? Margaret...

  1. #1

    Default PSE 2/Mac problem

    Occasionaly the command-spacebar (to zoom in), option-spacebar (to zoom out) and the spacebar (to temporarily get the hand tool) quit working.

    I can't figure out what makes them not work, since they seem to have a mind of their own and will just start working again.

    Anybody else experienced this??

    Margaret
    margaret brock Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PSE 2/Mac problem

    When troubleshooting to figure out why something that used to work right doesn't any more, delete Preferences as your first line of defense. This may not cure the problem, but for many it's the magic key. On your Mac, with Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for the Command, Option, and Shift keys. Continue holding all three down until you get screen asking of you want to delete the Settings. Say Yes.

    If this doesn't clear up the problem, repost and give more information about your operating system and hardware specs. Good luck!
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    Wasn't this a known problem with one of the OS X 10.2.x releases and opening a server on a network? I thought I read that here or on the Apple forums.
    L Miranda Guest

  4. #4

    I'm here, Beth, but I don't know quite what Lou is referring to. There were problems with some server things in 10.2.4, but I don't really understand what they would have to do with this.

    Any more details, Lou?
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  5. #5

    Here it is. I knew I heard about it somewhere, and it turns out it was the Illustrator forum. It references an Adobe tech support doent:

    <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2ec96.htm>

    See, I wasn't imagining things. :-)
    L Miranda Guest

  6. #6

    Yeah, it could be anything that requires your OS X user password--even something as simple as installing software or doing a software update or modifying system preferences.

    And are you using 10.2.1-10.2.4?
    L Miranda Guest

  7. #7

    I have a local network for my two computers, but the problem has nothing to do with network (I don't think!)

    When I posted this, I was working on an image and the command+spacebar wouldn't work. I did nothing except restart PSE and now it works again.

    I'm not new to computers and tried all the normal (and some heroic) troubleshooting things with no result.

    I've come to the conclusion that it had something to do with where the image I was working on was created (it was downloaded I think and have no idea how it was created)

    I'll keep track of when this happens and report it as a possible bug.

    Thanks, Margaret
    margaret brock Guest

  8. #8

    Hi Margaret,

    I don't know if you have any hard drive utilities like DiskWarrior, Tech Tool Pro, but have you tried to run the Apple Disk Utility to repair permissions? Believe it or not, running this utility on a weekly basis, surely fixes some weird problems.

    Give it a try if you haven't already.

    Regards,

    Gerry
    Gerry Moravec Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks for the reminder Gerry, but my problem has nothing to do with permissions - the thread got off tack a bit I think LOL

    Margaret
    margaret brock Guest