Professional Web Applications Themes

Published Flex app not working via browser - Macromedia Flex General Discussion

I finished developing a Flex application on my laptop, and moved the files to a server. When I view my application via the new URL, it works fine on my laptop. When I view it on any other computer, the application launches, but I get an error 1090. This is my first time publishing, but I don't understand why it works on my laptop browser and not on any other computer's browser. Both have the same Flash 9 plugin, and the same browser version....

  1. #1

    Default Published Flex app not working via browser

    I finished developing a Flex application on my laptop, and moved the files to a
    server. When I view my application via the new URL, it works fine on my laptop.
    When I view it on any other computer, the application launches, but I get an
    error 1090.

    This is my first time publishing, but I don't understand why it works on my
    laptop browser and not on any other computer's browser. Both have the same
    Flash 9 plugin, and the same browser version.

    braseth Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Published Flex app not working via browser

    Is that an RPC fault? If so, then you are probably loading data into your app
    from outside of the sandbox. Is the data being loaded from a remote server? If
    so, then the target server needs a cross domain policy file that allows your
    Flex app to load data from it.

    matt horn
    flex docs

    danger42 Guest

  3. #3

    My ColdFusion files that pull the data are on the same server as my Flex files.

    What is RPC?

    I'm assuming I am able to just copy my local files and paste them on the
    server. Again, it works when called from the laptop that I built the
    application accessing through only the browser, but any other computer cannot.

    braseth Guest

  4. #4

    I wonder if this could reflect some of the Flex security subtlties. For
    example, if your Flex app is posted at:

    http://www.mySite.com/MyFlexpp.swf

    then if your related files were at

    http://MyCFCs.mySite.com/MyCFC.cfc

    you might get an error. Here is a great Flash Player security intro topic in
    FB3 help:

    Flash Player security overview

    Greg Guest

  5. #5

    Files and data calls are on the same server. All my http calls in the Flex code match the URL I'm viewing.
    braseth Guest

  6. #6

    Also, I am using Flex 2
    braseth Guest

  7. #7

    It sounds like the CFCs being called are on your local server and hat's why they only work on your laptop. Take a look at your URLs and CFC paths.
    cheftimo Guest

  8. #8

    I am not using CFCs. I am calling a coldfusion page that has a query that then
    builds an XML doent using <cfprocessingdirective pageencoding = "utf-8"
    suppressWhiteSpace = "Yes">.

    The CF server is 7.02

    braseth Guest

  9. #9

    Please post the complete mxml tag that creates whatever service or object you are using.to get the remote data.
    cheftimo Guest

  10. #10

    Still sounds like a security issue. Post the url that you use to call the Flex app and the url you use to access the CF page.
    Tracy
    ntsiii Guest