Professional Web Applications Themes

publisher 2000 - Web Design

when i go to use the publisher check to see if all othe pages are working o.k.- when it get to the last page i get an error that publisher has encountered a problem and the program stops and then exits not saving any work. help!!!...

  1. #1

    Default publisher 2000

    when i go to use the publisher check to see if all othe
    pages are working o.k.- when it get to the last page i
    get an error that publisher has encountered a problem and
    the program stops and then exits not saving any work.
    help!!!
    rstoney Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: publisher 2000

    please clarify.
    is this in design checker?
    web preview?
    or loading the doent page?
    it's best if you can provide step by step details.

    --
    David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
    Visit [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]

    "rstoney" <rstoneyhouston.rr.com> wrote in message
    > when i go to use the publisher check to see if all othe
    > pages are working o.k.- when it get to the last page i
    > get an error that publisher has encountered a problem and
    > the program stops and then exits not saving any work.
    > help!!!

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  3. #3

    I have a web page created in publisher 2000. I have recently upgraded my
    computer, I now have Office XP. I no longer have the disc for Publisher 2000.
    Is there any way I can open and edit it with XP? Please tell me how.
    Thank you !
    Karla
    Karla Guest

  4. #4

    Only if you find Publisher 2002 in your Office XP Suite. Which Suite bundles
    include Publisher are listed at our site http://www.publishermvps.com

    David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
    www.publishermvps.com
    www.davidbartosik.com

    "Karla" <microsoft.com> wrote in message

    David Guest

  5. #5

    If you don't have Publisher, you can't open the pub file.

    --
    Don
    Vancouver, USA

    "Karla" <microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Don Guest

  6. #6

    I do have publisher in my Office XP small business pack, but it still wont
    open the file.

    "Don Schmidt" wrote:

    >[/ref]
    Karla Guest

  7. #7

    running Norton AV?

    >>[/ref][/ref]

    David Guest

  8. #8

    No not Norton McAfee. But when I saved my web page I had to go through my
    extenal cd burner program. It wouldnt let me save it to the external cd
    burner it said it was a read only file. I tried many times to change that but
    I cant. It would not let me pack and go with it either, error message said
    not enough room on my hard drive delete some programs and try again. The web
    is about 230 pages and 186KB. Just not sure how to move this to my new system.

    "David Bartosik [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
     [/ref]

    >[/ref]
    Karla Guest

  9. #9

    Publisher does not support saving a file to CD. You have to save locally.

    this latest post seems to be taking this thread in a new and unknown
    direction from the original question.

    Please amend this thread with a post that clearly states what you are doing
    and what is the result of those actions.

    >>[/ref][/ref]

    David Guest

  10. #10

    I have publisher 2000 but even I am not able to include a page of another
    program (flash) in Publisher while this program argues that it would be able,
    but this is not true, so what is the matter?

    gea

    gea Guest

  11. #11

    Where might I be able to purchase a copy of Publisher 2000? I've tried 2003
    and not happy with the results.
    =?Utf-8?B?TUljaGFlbGRhbmU=?= Guest

  12. #12

    Save yourself the grief, and go ahead and get a real web page program like
    FrontPage or DreamWeaver. One possible justification for using Publisher is if
    you want to be able to use the same material for printed promotional purposes,
    but this would not be the norm I wouldn't think. The main problem is that
    support for Publisher 2000 will eventually evaporate, and there is no indication
    that M$ is going to fix the serious problems associated with more recent
    versions of Publisher (bloated code, incompatibility with browsers other than
    IE, etc.) While Publisher 2000 can be used to do rather large websites, it is
    not without problems, and it is a dead end street unless M$ wakes up and solves
    the problems with the next version (not likely). All that being said, there is
    a group of lawyers working on a class action lawsuit that supposedly addresses
    some of these issues.

    To answer your question, you could probably get a cheap legal copy on eBay,
    though I have not checked.

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:12:01 -0800, "MIchaeldane"

    analog@logwell.com Guest

  13. #13

    You must be responding to some other post. Nowhere does the op mention
    creating webpages.

    <com> wrote in message
    | Save yourself the grief, and go ahead and get a real web page program like
    | FrontPage or DreamWeaver. One possible justification for using Publisher
    is if
    | you want to be able to use the same material for printed promotional
    purposes,
    | but this would not be the norm I wouldn't think. The main problem is that
    | support for Publisher 2000 will eventually evaporate, and there is no
    indication
    | that M$ is going to fix the serious problems associated with more recent
    | versions of Publisher (bloated code, incompatibility with browsers other
    than
    | IE, etc.) While Publisher 2000 can be used to do rather large websites,
    it is
    | not without problems, and it is a dead end street unless M$ wakes up and
    solves
    | the problems with the next version (not likely). All that being said,
    there is
    | a group of lawyers working on a class action lawsuit that supposedly
    addresses
    | some of these issues.
    |
    | To answer your question, you could probably get a cheap legal copy on
    eBay,
    | though I have not checked.
    |
    | On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:12:01 -0800, "MIchaeldane"
    | <microsoft.com> wrote:
    |
    | >Where might I be able to purchase a copy of Publisher 2000? I've tried
    2003
    | >and not happy with the results.

    Rob Guest

  14. #14

    og must have been influenced by the news group title.

    --
    Don
    Vancouver USA

    "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <invalid> wrote in message

    Don Guest

  15. #15

    1. I agree with "og" (hi, Sid).

    2. If you aren't doing a website and posted in the wrong group, what didn't
    you like about the results? If you are doing a website, I'm still curious
    what you didn't like.

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    "MIchaeldane" <microsoft.com> wrote in message

    JoAnn Guest

  16. #16

    Stick with 2003.. you will get along with the conventions in time..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "MIchaeldane" <microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Mike Guest