Professional Web Applications Themes

Publisher cant open publisher files created in same version of Publisher - Web Design

Publisher won't open the web pages created in the same version of publisher. Can anyone help? I have saved it separately as a HTMP files so I can open it in front page but I have no idea how to use it? I would really like to youe Publisher...

  1. #1

    Default Publisher cant open publisher files created in same version of Publisher

    Publisher won't open the web pages created in the same
    version of publisher. Can anyone help?

    I have saved it separately as a HTMP files so I can open
    it in front page but I have no idea how to use it? I would
    really like to youe Publisher

    Samantha Guest

  2. #2

    What version of Publisher are you using?

    Publisher files opened in Front Page are usually a mess.

    Make the website completely in Front Page.

    --

    °°°MS°Publisher°°° Guest

  3. #3

    It is my understanding that only publisher 2002 and 2003 will open the HTML
    files. If you have 2000 or older, you must open the original .pub file, make
    your changes, and save a new version of the web page. The best resource for
    questions about using Publisher for web building is [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url].

    DavidF

    "Samantha" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Publisher won't open the web pages created in the same
    > version of publisher. Can anyone help?
    >
    > I have saved it separately as a HTMP files so I can open
    > it in front page but I have no idea how to use it? I would
    > really like to youe Publisher

    DavidF Guest

  4. #4

    > Publisher won't open the web pages created in the same
    > version of publisher. Can anyone help?

    Do not open .htm files. Open and modify the .pub file then generate new .htm
    from the .pub file.
    See my tutorials at my site if needed.

    > I have saved it separately as a HTMP files so I can open
    > it in front page but I have no idea how to use it? I would
    > really like to youe Publisher

    htmp? hope that was a typo!!
    I strongly recommend against opening Publishers .htm files in FP.
    A .pub will not open in FP, only Publisher.
    If you want to use Publisher why are you opening them in FP??

    --
    David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
    Visit [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  5. #5

    I created my website in Publisher and FTP converted it to
    htm files for uploading.

    I don't want to use front page but that is the only way I
    can get at my website files.

    Publisher will not open the publisher files so it is
    impossible to open and do any changes

    I have visited your site but am lost as to where to look.
    I am using Publisher 2000.

    Would it not be easier to upgrade to Publisher 2002?

    Thanks

    Samantha Guest

  6. #6

    So I guess what you are saying now is that the .pub files will not open in
    Pub?
    I will be out of town a few days after I write this but please post back
    with the details of the actual problem. What happens when you try to open a
    ..pub file? Any error messages? Saying what?
    Are you using Norton AV? As per my site and others Norton AV does corrupt
    ..pub files.

    --

    > I created my website in Publisher and FTP converted it to
    > htm files for uploading.
    >
    > I don't want to use front page but that is the only way I
    > can get at my website files.
    >
    > Publisher will not open the publisher files so it is
    > impossible to open and do any changes
    >
    > I have visited your site but am lost as to where to look.
    > I am using Publisher 2000.
    >
    > Would it not be easier to upgrade to Publisher 2002?
    >
    > Thanks

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  7. #7

    I am having the same problem in Pub2002. I have created
    a webpage and uploaded it, and I'm now trying to modify
    it in Publisher still, but the program shuts down every
    time. I've sent the error report to microsoft and it
    looks like this: AppName mspub.exe
    AppVer 10.0.4128.0
    ModName mspub.exe
    ModVer 10.0.4128.0
    Offset 000 40177
    I can open other pages I've created but not yet uploaded
    just fine.

    Sara Guest

  8. #8

    Have you installed Service Packs 1 and 2?
    Are you running Norton AV?

    --

    "Sara" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am having the same problem in Pub2002. I have created
    > a webpage and uploaded it, and I'm now trying to modify
    > it in Publisher still, but the program shuts down every
    > time. I've sent the error report to microsoft and it
    > looks like this: AppName mspub.exe
    > AppVer 10.0.4128.0
    > ModName mspub.exe
    > ModVer 10.0.4128.0
    > Offset 000 40177
    > I can open other pages I've created but not yet uploaded
    > just fine.

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  9. #9

    Sara,
    Uploading the HTM file will not do anything to the .pub file which is the
    one you should be opening to modify.
    Can you modify other .pub files that have not been "Saved as a We Page"? or
    even one saved as a web page?
    Which file are you trying to modify?
    --
    John G

    Wot's Your Real Problem?

    "Sara" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am having the same problem in Pub2002. I have created
    > a webpage and uploaded it, and I'm now trying to modify
    > it in Publisher still, but the program shuts down every
    > time. I've sent the error report to microsoft and it
    > looks like this: AppName mspub.exe
    > AppVer 10.0.4128.0
    > ModName mspub.exe
    > ModVer 10.0.4128.0
    > Offset 000 40177
    > I can open other pages I've created but not yet uploaded
    > just fine.

    John G Guest

  10. #10

    I have installed srvice packs 1 and 2 and I'm running
    McAfee. I saw something on a website that said that
    McAfee has a Script Stopper, though. Possibly similar to
    Norton problem?

    Sara Guest

  11. #11

    Not that I've learned of.
    Send the Pub 2002 file in question to me and I'll test it.

    --

    > I have installed srvice packs 1 and 2 and I'm running
    > McAfee. I saw something on a website that said that
    > McAfee has a Script Stopper, though. Possibly similar to
    > Norton problem?

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  12. #12

    have tried to open other pub files and it seems to be ok
    however

    The warning message says publisher cannot open publisher
    files......... I use Mcaffee AV

    Have a good break

    Samantha

    Samantha Carroll Guest

  13. #13

    Can I send you mine as well?

    Samantha

    Samantha Guest

  14. #14

    Sure, just include details of your issue in the email.

    --

    > Can I send you mine as well?
    >
    > Samantha

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  15. #15

    I still have not been able to open the file, but I can't
    send it either. I get an error message about the file
    being poorly constructed, or something like that. Any
    other ideas?
    Sara

    Sara Guest