Professional Web Applications Themes

Publishing Dreamweaver Site With FrontPage - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Though Dreamweaver s FrontPage out of the water, I love the ability to work on a site live with FrontPage. So I dreamed up a scheme that would let me have my cake and eat it, too - I THINK. 1. Create a site in Dreamweaver. 2. Get an ISP with FrontPage extensions and use FrontPage to publish the site. I can think of at least two possible problems. First, you might have to modify the site before FrontPage will publish it. In fact, I suspect you might have to import it into FrontPage, which would likely add a few ...

  1. #1

    Default Publishing Dreamweaver Site With FrontPage

    Though Dreamweaver s FrontPage out of the water, I love the ability to work on a site live with FrontPage. So I dreamed up a scheme that would let me have my cake and eat it, too - I THINK.

    1. Create a site in Dreamweaver.
    2. Get an ISP with FrontPage extensions and use FrontPage to publish the site.

    I can think of at least two possible problems. First, you might have to modify the site before FrontPage will publish it. In fact, I suspect you might have to import it into FrontPage, which would likely add a few items.

    Second, I wonder if using FrontPage extensions or working on a site live might somehow compromise security?

    Can anyone offer any thoughts on my scheme? I have used FrontPage to copy individual Dreamweaver pages onto my website with great success. But I haven't yet published an entire site, and I haven't learned how to publish with Dreamweaver yet.

    Also, I'm not interested in using FrontPage extensions to support technical features that won't work without them (at least, not at this point). I'm only interested in FrontPage extensions insofar as they allow me to work on a site live. I understand you can install FrontPage extensions on Linux servers, which is a big plus.

    Actually, I suppose an alternative would be to create and publish a site with Dreamweaver, then use FrontPage to access that site (with the help of FrontPage extensions). I'm not sure if that can be done or not.

    http://www.geobop.com/, GeoBearATgeobop.com (Replace AT with )
    Interests: Web Design, Linux & Political Reform
    GeoBear Guest

  2. Moderated Post

    Default Re: Publishing Dreamweaver Site With FrontPage

    Removed by Administrator
    middletree Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. #3

    Geo:

    I think it harebrained! 8)

    I wouldn't dream of doing this.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "GeoBear" <com> wrote in message
    work on a site live with FrontPage. So I dreamed up a scheme that would let
    me have my cake and eat it, too - I THINK.
    site.
    modify the site before FrontPage will publish it. In fact, I suspect you
    might have to import it into FrontPage, which would likely add a few items.
    might somehow compromise security?
    individual Dreamweaver pages onto my website with great success. But I
    haven't yet published an entire site, and I haven't learned how to publish
    with Dreamweaver yet.
    technical features that won't work without them (at least, not at this
    point). I'm only interested in FrontPage extensions insofar as they allow me
    to work on a site live. I understand you can install FrontPage extensions on
    Linux servers, which is a big plus.
    with Dreamweaver, then use FrontPage to access that site (with the help of
    FrontPage extensions). I'm not sure if that can be done or not.

    Murray Guest

  4. #4

    I do it almost 'live' using DW. I work on a disk based site until I have
    reason to connect to the server.... then PUT the new images (and depentednt
    files), if there are any, and then PUT the changed pages without dependent
    files. Now that's almost 'live' for me.... and it's the quickest way with a
    56k modem. I used to use FP and loved that feature until I got "too busy" to
    make a good backup and got n out of the water when the server lost his
    hard drive and my site tooooooooooooooooo.
    Eleanor

[...]

    E. Guest