Professional Web Applications Themes

Publishing Problems - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

I have been using Flash Mx for about 6 months. i have been able to publish meny different movies and programs i have made. but i just finnished a new program using Flash MX and it freezes whein im publishing, exporing, testing movie, and outher things along that line. the file is only 4kb has no movie clips. only has some buttons to move around to different frames. i have tryed uninstalling flash and that dosent do it. i also have tryed republishing some of my outher movies that are about 50mg and they publish fine. please help. i am ...

  1. #1

    Default Publishing Problems

    I have been using Flash Mx for about 6 months. i have been able to publish meny different movies and programs i have made. but i just finnished a new program using Flash MX and it freezes whein im publishing, exporing, testing movie, and outher things along that line. the file is only 4kb has no movie clips. only has some buttons to move around to different frames. i have tryed uninstalling flash and that dosent do it. i also have tryed republishing some of my outher movies that are about 50mg and they publish fine. please help. i am using a pentium 4 2.5Ghz with 1 gig of ram and running on Xp. i have alos publishing the program on a computer with a celeron 500Mgh with 128 megs of ram and running on Win 2k. and i had the same problem. please give any suggesstions that might help.

    thanks

    Solid_snake721 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    I have a customer who has been using Contribute 3 successfully for
    over a year. He recently changed to wireless broadband and since then
    Contribute has stopped working. Nothing has changed on the server and
    I, as administrator, have no problems accessing the website using
    either Contribute 3 or Dreamweaver 8.

    My customer is still able to connect to the site and edit pages.
    However, when he attempts to publish an edited page, after Contribute
    displays the "Publishing your draft to the server..." message window,
    he reports a fairly lengthy delay (about 90 seconds) "Waiting for
    server...", then Contribute indicates that it is "Cancelling operation..."
    and displays the error message: "Contribute could not connect because
    the server is down or not accepting connections. Please contact your
    administrator."

    If he then attempts to cancel the draft he gets the message
    "Contribute encountered a network or file system error. Please try the
    operation again, and contact the administrator if the error continues
    to occur" followed by "Access Denied. The file may not exist, or there
    could be a permission problem"

    If he then connects again immediately to the site he is able to cancel
    the draft but still cannot publish.

    My customer reports that the only change to his system is that he is
    using an Orange Livebox to connect instead of a Speedtouch modem. His
    PC has an Ethernet wired connection to the Livebox.

    He is running Windows XP (Professional Version 2002 SP2) and is using
    the Windows firewall and AVG anti-virus software - this is probably
    irrelevant as Contribute worked fine with these until he went to
    wireless broadband.

    Suspecting a connection key corruption, I have sent him a number of
    connection keys with all the combinations of options available in the
    Advanced Connection Settings. (Previously, it worked fine for him
    under the default settings - and these still work for me). None of the
    key settings work for him.

    I am completely baffled by this one and would really welcome some
    ideas as to how to resolve the problem. I note that a very similar
    problem was reported in this forum on Dec 14, 2006, but I could find
    no reply.

    Thanks in advance.

    Phiweb Guest