Professional Web Applications Themes

Puddles - Adobe Photoshop Elements

We had rain on Monday. On my way home from work on Tuesday we had a nice sunset and there were these two puddles in a newly ploughed field. I looked at the images today. It was a quick shot with my despicable digi but I did use a spot meter for proper exposure. There is not cropping or manipulation what you see is what I got. I am reasonably pleased with the outcome and invite you to have a peek. click on the image for a larger view. http://www.cavesofice.org/~grant/Puddles.html -- Grant...

  1. #1

    Default Puddles

    --
    Grant

    Grant Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Puddles

    Grant: A Despicable Digi in the hands of a Phantastic Photographer yields
    Incredible Images!

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Guest

  3. #3

    Grant

    Nice sunset shot. (pretty big puddles:)

    PeteD

    Pete Guest

  4. #4

    WOW!

    Ray Guest

  5. #5

    Love it!

    Juergen

    Juergen Guest

  6. #6

    I think the picture is wonderful. It has a great atmosphere about it. It would look great on a web page with the Java 'lake effect'.

    beth
    bethC Guest

  7. #7

    Gorgeous, Grant!
    Beth Guest

  8. #8

    Are you sure you despise this camera, Grant? <g>
    Barbara Guest

  9. #9

    Beautiful image Grant. Are you going to have that be a Challenge? I haven't been able to keep up lately, but I think I have stopped traveling so much and can re-submit now.

    Carl
    carl Guest

  10. #10

    Grant,

    Outstanding image!

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  11. #11

    A clear case of the right person being in the right place at the right
    time... thanks for sharing it, Grant!

    Byron Guest

  12. #12

    How absolutely breathtaking!

    Your puddles look like lakes.

    I loved seeing it and the sun was just perfect.

    Lorace
    Lorace Guest

  13. #13

    Grant,

    Excellent photo. Thanx for sharing.

    Dave

    Dave Guest

  14. #14

    Grant, nice shot.
    Just a question: you used a spotmeter -that's like e real PRO landscape photographer! Who still carries something like that. - for measuring; I suppose you measured the reflections. Did you use the built in meter too for a first grab shot? If so, how do these images relate to each other?

    Leen
    Leen Guest

  15. #15

    Grant, forget the silver lining, you got the gold !
    JodiFrye Guest

  16. #16

    Grant,
    Great photograph, contest material.
    Ken
    Kenneth Guest

  17. #17

    Grant,

    Great picture. Thanks for sharing it with the forum.

    Rich
    Richard Guest

  18. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Guest
    Moderated Post

  19. #19

    Wow so many nice comments. Than you all.

    Now to answer some of the questions.

    Barbara: The cameras is like the little girl with the little curl and most
    times I do hate it but .....

    Carl: No it is not up to snuff for the Challenge and in any event I do seem
    to dominate the Challenge too much.

    Lorance: The closest puzzle was water that had collected at the side of the
    road in those run-off ditches, the other puddle was about 50' buy 20' so a
    bit large for a puddle.

    Leen: This was taken with the spot meter in the camera. When I am out on
    a shoot I rely both on the meter in my F5 and a Sekonic L358 in this case it
    was just the "glove compartment" equipment, what I carry in my shirt
    pocket!.

    Ken: I don't do contest I have enough problem satisfying myself when it
    come to photography.

    How it was done is a bit easy. I was coming home from work and the sky was
    spectacular. I was looking at the clouds and thinking I need some stock
    cloud shots. The shadows were getting longer and I figured I had to get
    home so was booting it. I saw the puddles off in the distance and I
    hammered on the breaks through it in reverse and there I was. I positioned
    my self very close to the side of the road and almost fell into the first
    puddle. I took a meter reading of cloud that I wanted to be displayed as
    18%. I adjusted my position so the further puddle reflected the sun and the
    closer one the sky. I only shot two photos this one and one that was
    horizontal that accentuated the puddles more than the sky. In the end I
    went with my first feeling .... the sky.

    Grant

    Grant Guest

  20. #20

    Grant - Everything about your photo was lovely -- the composition, the colors, the mood. You have a wonderful talent; thanks for sharing your photo.

    Marilyn
    Marilyn Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast