Professional Web Applications Themes

Q: export iTunes library? - Mac Applications & Software

Hi, is there an easy way to export the iTunes library to a text file? (only the artist/title, of course, not the audio LOL). Even better would be to sync with a palm os device. Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Q: export iTunes library?

    Hi, is there an easy way to export the iTunes library to a text file?
    (only the artist/title, of course, not the audio LOL). Even better would
    be to sync with a palm os device. Thanks!
    chibitul Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Q: export iTunes library?

    chibitul <com> wrote:

    Copy and paste works for me. m.

    --
    matt neuburg, phd = com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
    matt Guest

  3. #3

    In article <1g339p2.1fjnuv41317pqcN%com>,
    com (matt neuburg) wrote:

    > Copy and paste works for me. m.[/ref]

    yeap, gotta love the copy/paste for 40 albums (~ 700 songs).
    chibitul Guest

  4. #4

    In article
    <news.prodigy.com>,
    chibitul <com> wrote:

    Click on the Library to select it. (You could also select a playlist if
    you just want to export the list of songs from a single playlist.)

    Go to the File menu and select Export Song List...

    Select either Plain Text or Unicode Text format.

    You'll get a tab-delimited text file, one line per song. It exports all
    the information iTunes has about each song -- Title, Album, Genre,
    Rating, even the location & name of the file on your hard disk. You can
    load it into a word processor and adjust the tabs to put everything into
    neat columns, or import it into a spreadsheet or database program.

    You can also export in XML format, which may be even easier to import
    into a database (haven't tried it myself).

    If you don't want all the columns of information that iTunes exports,
    there's another way which is a bit more work: Adjust the View Options
    for the Library or Playlist to show just the columns you want to export.
    Select all the songs, Copy, switch to your word processor, and Paste.
    Wayne Guest

  5. #5

    chibitul <com> wrote:

    > > Copy and paste works for me. m.[/ref]
    >
    > yeap, gotta love the copy/paste for 40 albums (~ 700 songs).[/ref]

    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. You just select them all, copy,
    and paste - it takes two seconds. But maybe I'm not understanding the
    problem. m.

  6. #6

    chibitul <com> wrote:

    How about Export Song List from the File menu?

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    Mike Guest

  7. #7

    In article <1g34b3f.10w5j7p1mej08yN%invalid>,
    invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

    > How about Export Song List from the File menu?[/ref]

    But he didn't give the secret handshake! How dare you reveal the inner
    'secrets' of iTunes! Next you'll be telling him about the Help Menu.

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  8. #8

    In article <1g341fk.12kf10m1ddrp2gN%com>,
    com (matt neuburg) wrote:

    > > yeap, gotta love the copy/paste for 40 albums (~ 700 songs).[/ref]
    >
    > I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. You just select them all, copy,
    > and paste - it takes two seconds. But maybe I'm not understanding the
    > problem. m.[/ref]

    Sorry, I tried the Copy in Finder/Paste in TextEdit and didn't work, but
    if I "Copy" in iTunes ti works great. And the iTunes is able to export
    the list too, like other posters pointed out. No, I wasn't sarcastic,
    just lazy... thanks
    chibitul Guest

  9. #9

    In article <1g34b3f.10w5j7p1mej08yN%invalid>,
    invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

    > How about Export Song List from the File menu?[/ref]

    Didn't notice this feature, thanks a lot! it's exactly what I wanted.
    but this is what the usenet is for, isn't it?
    chibitul Guest

  10. #10

    In article <BoRkb.142811$tampabay.rr.com>,
    Enough <com> wrote:

    > > How about Export Song List from the File menu?[/ref]
    >
    > But he didn't give the secret handshake! How dare you reveal the inner
    > 'secrets' of iTunes! Next you'll be telling him about the Help Menu.[/ref]

    Gee, I forgot copy the killfile to my new Mac and here is Phaedrus
    again. No rtoblem, added to my new fillfile right now :)
    chibitul Guest

  11. #11

    In article
    <wp.shawcable.net>,
    "Wayne C. Morris" <is.invalid> wrote:

    > Click on the Library to select it. (You could also select a playlist if
    > you just want to export the list of songs from a single playlist.)
    >
    > Go to the File menu and select Export Song List...
    >
    > Select either Plain Text or Unicode Text format.
    >
    > You'll get a tab-delimited text file, one line per song. It exports all
    > the information iTunes has about each song -- Title, Album, Genre,
    > Rating, even the location & name of the file on your hard disk. You can
    > load it into a word processor and adjust the tabs to put everything into
    > neat columns, or import it into a spreadsheet or database program.
    >
    > You can also export in XML format, which may be even easier to import
    > into a database (haven't tried it myself).
    >
    > If you don't want all the columns of information that iTunes exports,
    > there's another way which is a bit more work: Adjust the View Options
    > for the Library or Playlist to show just the columns you want to export.
    > Select all the songs, Copy, switch to your word processor, and Paste.[/ref]

    This is more than I wanted, but it does exactly what I need! Sorry I
    didn't notice it before :)
    Thanks!
    chibitul Guest

  12. #12