Professional Web Applications Themes

Q: Professional developer for slide films? - Photography

I am planning to go to Alaska next month to get some decent nature photos with a film camera body and velvia 50 slide films. I have some experience with developing and printing BW negative films, but it would be my first time to shoot with slide films. Before I actually go and shoot, I just wonder where I can develop slides films and how I can scan or print those slides in a cheap rate. I don't want to lose the films in a local store, so can anyone recommend me a good professional store to develope those slides ...

  1. #1

    Default Q: Professional developer for slide films?

    I am planning to go to Alaska next month to get some decent nature photos
    with a film camera body and velvia 50 slide films.
    I have some experience with developing and printing BW negative films, but
    it would be my first time to shoot with slide films.
    Before I actually go and shoot, I just wonder where I can develop slides
    films and how I can scan or print those slides in a cheap rate.
    I don't want to lose the films in a local store, so can anyone recommend me
    a good professional store to develope those slides films?
    How much do they charge in general for a roll of film, and how much for
    scanning and printing a slide?
    If there exists any local professional developing store in the San Francisco
    bay area, please recommend one for me.
    I apologize for bothering you with a bunch of trival questions, but I truly
    appreciate your advice in advance. :)
    Have a great day!

    Jinkyu
    [url]www.stanford.edu/~jingyos[/url]

    Jinkyu Yang Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Q: Professional developer for slide films?

    On 17-Jul-2003, "Jinkyu Yang" <jingyosstanford.edu> wrote:
    > I am planning to go to Alaska next month to get some decent nature photos
    > with a film camera body and velvia 50 slide films.
    > I have some experience with developing and printing BW negative films, but
    > it would be my first time to shoot with slide films.
    > Before I actually go and shoot, I just wonder where I can develop slides
    > films and how I can scan or print those slides in a cheap rate.
    > I don't want to lose the films in a local store, so can anyone recommend
    > me
    > a good professional store to develope those slides films?
    > How much do they charge in general for a roll of film, and how much for
    > scanning and printing a slide?
    > If there exists any local professional developing store in the San
    > Francisco
    > bay area, please recommend one for me.
    > I apologize for bothering you with a bunch of trival questions, but I
    > truly
    > appreciate your advice in advance. :)
    > Have a great day!
    I assume from your URL that you are in the SF Bay area. The best labs, in my
    opinion, are Calypso Imaging ([url]www.calypsoinc.com[/url]) in Santa Clara and NewLab
    in San Francisco. Both are excellent.

    Calypso has a price break for non-commercial photographer of $5.20/roll
    mounted. Scanning and printing is another issue, you should look at their
    web site or call them.

    --
    Tom Thackrey
    [url]www.creative-light.com[/url]

  3. #3

    >From: "Jinkyu Yang" [email]jingyosstanford.edu[/email]
    >I don't want to lose the films in a local store, so can anyone recommend me
    >a good professional store to develope those slides films?
    >If there exists any local professional developing store in the San Francisco
    >bay area, please recommend one for me.
    Would highly recommend Calypso in Santa Clara ... [url]http://www.calypsoinc.com/[/url]
    .... it's a world-class lab, used by pros like Galen Rowell and Frans Lanting
    (and many others) and about a 30 minute drive from where you are.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton Guest