Professional Web Applications Themes

Query-based update failed - MySQL

I've been scratching my head with this. I'm using a select query to locate a record from a table based upon its primary key. I then set some field values to those returned from a web page form. I then do a recordset.update. If the web form details differ from the saved values in the database then the update works just fine. If they are the same, an error is returned, being "Query-based update failed because the row to update could not be found." Now, I know this is not the generally accepted way to do things, but I still ...

  1. #1

    Default Query-based update failed

    I've been scratching my head with this. I'm using a select query
    to locate a record from a table based upon its primary key.
    I then set some field values to those returned from a web page
    form. I then do a recordset.update.

    If the web form details differ from the saved values in the database
    then the update works just fine. If they are the same, an error is
    returned, being

    "Query-based update failed because the row to update could not be found."

    Now, I know this is not the generally accepted way to do things, but I
    still want to know why it fails... I've tried all combinations of cursors
    and locks. It's totally retarded in my opinion.

    any thoughts?

    regards,

    paolo


    Don Paolo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Query-based update failed

    "Don Paolo" <pkorosiredpepper.com.au> wrote in message
    news:4396c19d$1duster.adelaide.on.net...
    > I've been scratching my head with this. I'm using a select query
    > to locate a record from a table based upon its primary key.
    > I then set some field values to those returned from a web page
    > form. I then do a recordset.update.
    *snip*

    never mind - sussed it out.


    Don Paolo Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Query-based update failed

    "Don Paolo" <pkorosiredpepper.com.au> wrote in message
    news:4396c51d$1duster.adelaide.on.net...
    > "Don Paolo" <pkorosiredpepper.com.au> wrote in message
    > news:4396c19d$1duster.adelaide.on.net...
    >> I've been scratching my head with this. I'm using a select query
    >> to locate a record from a table based upon its primary key.
    >> I then set some field values to those returned from a web page
    >> form. I then do a recordset.update.
    > *snip*
    >
    > never mind - sussed it out.
    thanks, me.


    Don Paolo Guest

Similar Threads

  1. security update failed. Why?
    By Why_atl in forum Adobe Acrobat Macintosh
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 7th, 05:48 PM
  2. add new nav tab based on a query
    By Mike Yang in forum Coldfusion Flash Integration
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 22nd, 02:21 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 5th, 10:13 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 7th, 08:04 PM
  5. Update query based on a form
    By Brett in forum Microsoft Access
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 3rd, 02:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139