ASP 3.0 VB - access

We are trying to take a date field and pull the month and year into a
drop down menu. I am using access and can format the query to show
only month and year instead of the full date but we need distinct
months and years.

The problem is that there are mulitiple month and year combos. we need
only one month and year combo for each set of months and years.

Example: if I query with the format in access set to mm-yyyy I might
get 7 different rows back displaying 02-07. I want only one row.
Using distinct doesn't work becuase the origional rows that the date is
being pulled from are all different.

Help?

Laura K