> I am running a SCO 5.0.4 server that is my Web server and E-mail
> server. I have switched to a new ISP and have updated the DNS. When I
> do a whois it shows the record has been updated. The update took place
> on Saturday.
> Now...I have changed my resolv.conf file to reflect the new DNS and I
> can ping to the outside world and get resolution. I can get to the web
> site by using the I.P. address but not by name. I can send mail and
> receive mail by using the I.P. address as well but not by name. I am
> not running named and never did with my old provider either.
> Are there any other changes I need to make or is this a problem with
> my new provider? The information listed by dig is not the new DNS
> that was updated on Saturday. Here are the results of dig on my
> Any help would be greatly appreciated...THANKS
> # dig selectgroupusa.com
> ; <<>> DiG 2.0 <<>> selectgroupusa.com
> ;; got answer:
> ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 6
> ;; flags: qr rd ra; Ques: 1, Ans: 1, Auth: 2, Addit: 1
> ;; QUESTIONS:
> ;; selectgroupusa.com, type = A, class = IN
> ;; ANSWERS:
> selectgroupusa.com. 11558 A 188.8.131.52
> ;; AUTHORITY RECORDS:
> selectgroupusa.com. 36460 NS ns2.basinbroadband.com.
> selectgroupusa.com. 36460 NS ns1.basinbroadband.com.
> ;; ADDITIONAL RECORDS:
> ns2.basinbroadband.com. 75454 A 184.108.40.206
> ;; Total query time: 50 msec
> ;; FROM: home.selectgroupusa.com to SERVER: default -- 220.127.116.11
> ;; WHEN: Mon Aug 11 13:59:08 2003
> ;; MSG SIZE sent: 0 rcvd: 119