Professional Web Applications Themes

question about forms - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

I have run into a few problems when creating an interactive form in acrobat 7 pro. 1. Calculation fields don't seem to add up totals right away. If I fill in fields, it totals it at the end of the line, but the grand total (total of all line totals) won't update unless I go to another page then come back. then the total is there. 2. I can't format fields to be numbers in calculations or I always get some message like "format does not match field "someField" (even if the field has nothing to do with the calculation). ...

  1. #1

    Default question about forms

    I have run into a few problems when creating an interactive form in acrobat 7 pro.

    1. Calculation fields don't seem to add up totals right away. If I fill in fields, it totals it at the end of the line, but the grand total (total of all line totals) won't update unless I go to another page then come back. then the total is there.

    2. I can't format fields to be numbers in calculations or I always get some message like "format does not match field "someField" (even if the field has nothing to do with the calculation). If I change the the field format to none, then it seems to work okay.

    I know I am missing another problem, but when I think of it, I will post it.

    Any advice you good folks can offer a novice, it would be greatly appreciated.

    Peace,
    Eric
    ejo@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: question about forms

    dear eric

    there are a number of things that need to be looked at regarding the
    way form calc works
    and that is the first one are you in form calc or java
    then you need to look and see if you are on client... server or both
    .... (i use both to create)
    then you need to choose when it calculates ... i believe that is a drop
    down box on the right lower tool bar ... took me sometime to establish
    this...
    i choose when i exit field and the total appears in the last field in
    the column
    this was the only issue i had to hire out to a java script guy who
    spent two hours eliminating possibilities ... before the combined
    efforts of us both made it work ..
    also are you creating the form on a mac ..if so which app are you
    using...
    i just got cs2 premium for my g5 and am unable to edit the form ...
    when acrobat pro is open edit form is greyed out...
    i hope some of what i offered was useful...
    yours
    [email]ejoadobeforums.com[/email] wrote:
    > I have run into a few problems when creating an interactive form in acrobat 7 pro.
    >
    > 1. Calculation fields don't seem to add up totals right away. If I fill in fields, it totals it at the end of the line, but the grand total (total of all line totals) won't update unless I go to another page then come back. then the total is there.
    >
    > 2. I can't format fields to be numbers in calculations or I always get some message like "format does not match field "someField" (even if the field has nothing to do with the calculation). If I change the the field format to none, then it seems to work okay.
    >
    > I know I am missing another problem, but when I think of it, I will post it.
    >
    > Any advice you good folks can offer a novice, it would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Peace,
    > Eric
    Laston Lastof Guest