Professional Web Applications Themes

Question concerning pixels, Please help!! - Macromedia Freehand

I am trying to create a design to send in to a company to have printed on koozies. I am using freehand but find that the help menu doesn't have all the answers. The company has requested that I submit to them a design that is in .eps format and is at least 600x600 pixels. I am having trouble findout the pixel size of my design. Could someone please guide me in the right direction? I really need to know how to check pixel size and how to manipulate the pixel size of a design. Thank you, any kind of ...

  1. #1

    Default Question concerning pixels, Please help!!

    I am trying to create a design to send in to a company to have printed on koozies. I am using freehand but find that the help menu doesn't have all the answers. The company has requested that I submit to them a design that is in .eps format and is at least 600x600 pixels. I am having trouble findout the pixel size of my design. Could someone please guide me in the right direction? I really need to know how to check pixel size and how to manipulate the pixel size of a design. Thank you, any kind of help would be much appreciated as you can tell I am way lost on the ins and outs of Freehand!! Thanks, Jason Sharratt

    Lostboy24 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Question concerning pixels, Please help!!

    There are no pixels in FreeHand. If the design is 100% made in Freehand
    (no imported bitmap image) then pixel dimensions is meaningless. You can
    just submit the EPS without worry.

    However, if you are importing bitmap images and/or using raster effects
    then you need to know the actual resolution required. 600 x 600 pixels
    by itself does not describe the physical size or resolution of an image,
    but when accompanied by the physical dimensions of the area you get
    both. For example if you are working on a an area of 6 inches by 6
    inches then your image resolution would be 100 dpi (ppi to be
    technical). If you are working on an area of 2 inches by 2 inches then
    your resolution would be 300 dpi. Once you know what the resolution is
    then you can prepare the imported images/raster effects to be at the
    proper resolution when placed and printed at 100% of size.

    Rich

    "Lostboy24" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > I am trying to create a design to send in to a company to have printed on koozies. I am using freehand but find that the help menu doesn't have all the answers. The company has requested that I submit to them a design that is in .eps format and is at least 600x600 pixels. I am having trouble findout the pixel size of my design. Could someone please guide me in the right direction? I really need to know how to check pixel size and how to manipulate the pixel size of a design. Thank you, any kind of help would be much appreciated as you can tell I am way lost on the ins and outs of Freehand!! Thanks, Jason Sharratt

    Rich Hudgins Guest

  3. #3

    > I am trying to create a design to send in to a company to have printed on
    koozies.

    Find a new vendor. These folks don't know what they are doing. A vector EPS
    made in Freehand is just that...vector based. It's resolution independant.
    They can resize it to fit on a dime or a billboard and it will be the same,
    sharp lines.

    Now, if they are asking for a raster image (bitmapped...made up of pixels)
    then you'd need to take your vector illustration into a raster-based app
    (like Fireworks or Photoshop) and there you could then set your outputted
    Raster EPS to a pixel size. But that would be silly to me, as your original
    vector EPS should work fine for them.

    BTW...what's a Koozie?

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest