Professional Web Applications Themes

Question for Pro Photographers - Photography

>From: "Mike Jenkins" net   Here's a well-known wedding and portrait pro who used to use a 6x6 cm Hasselblad but switched to digital a couple years ago, using the Canon 10D ... http://www.montezucker.com/...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Question for Pro Photographers

    >From: "Mike Jenkins" net

    Here's a well-known wedding and portrait pro who used to use a 6x6 cm
    Hasselblad but switched to digital a couple years ago, using the Canon 10D ...
    http://www.montezucker.com/

    Bill Guest

  2. #2

    I'm not in the biz any more but all the guys I know that are have
    gone digital. They're using 5mp and higher cameras and run the JPGs
    (or TIFs) through a professional lab.
    Didn't know that Monte had gone digital but I'm not surprised.
    Randall Guest

  3. #3

    I noticed on Monte Zucker's Web site that he has a link to Joe
    Zeltsman's portrait series. If you want to learn classic portraiture,
    Joe's the guy. I've met him, seen original prints, and studied how and
    what he does. It's the basics and it doesn't get any better than Joe
    Zeltsman.
    Randall Guest

  4. #4

    >From: Randall Ainsworth techline.com

    He writes a monthly column for "Shutterbug" where he discusses his move to
    digital in practically every column.
    Bill Guest

  5. #5

    In article <aol.com>, bhilton665
    aol.comedy says...

    > He writes a monthly column for "Shutterbug" where he discusses his move to
    > digital in practically every column.
    >[/ref]

    Yep. And he thinks the 10D is the cat's pajamas :-)

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

  6. #6

    I'm really curious as to how many "paid" photographers have gone

    Been fully digital for 3 years.

    Been shooting weddings fully digital for 2 years as well.

    See my site for samples. Everything is shoot digital. www.cliffspicer.com

    Which
    2 S2Pros no film
    Don't bother

    D1X and S2pr
    Yup

    Cliff

    Cliff Guest

  7. #7

    See Below:
    "Mike Jenkins" <net> wrote in message

    Three, and they are all suplementing their income by working at McDonalds.

    Yes you see them sitting in the pews at most weddings today.
    Which

    Of course film is the higher priority.

    You see just about everything in the pews.

    Not really, what you need is a Mamiya RB67 with 50, 90, & 180 lenses on a
    sturdy tripod for the formals and a Nikon F5 with flash and 35-70 f2.8 on a
    Stroboframe bracket for the candids. You also need a portable flash with a
    slave mounted on a monopod for your assistant to hold during formals and for
    extra light when needed at the receptiion. Since I'm getting out of the
    wedding business, I'll sell you the above for the price of a Nikon D1x or
    maybe the new D2 to be announced next week.

    email me for the address to send the check to and where you want the
    equipment shipped.
    Gene

    Gene Guest

  8. #8

    In article <bf7dej$bv62j$news.uni-berlin.de>, "Bob Hatch"
    <com> banged his head on the keyboard and out came:

    I just switched to digital myself. I was hoping to be able to get a
    good trade-in on my medium format stuff....... I still have it.....
    they didn't even want it on a trade-in, the stores can't move it any
    more. I called several of the large national stores even and got the
    same response......... Oh well, I'll try to shoot it enough to keep the
    dust off it & the shutter limber!

    --
    Chef
    Chef Guest

  9. #9

    Mike Jenkins <net> wrote in message

    Which

    I use film as a backup, and since my film camera has a lens which can go
    wider, I use it on the really wide shots. On the bouquet toss I use the
    film camera, since it is better for action type shots.

    Yeah, I would love a Canon 1 Ds, or 10D, but I'm getting by with my E-10.
    It is slower than I'd like, and terrible at higher ISO's. Great natural
    colors, and the lens is very sharp across the focal length.

    Sometimes I will use my Mamiya C330, on portraits, romantic shots, charge
    extra for it, though.

    I'm saving up for one.

    Patrick L.

    Oscar Guest

  10. #10

    On 7/18/03 5:19 PM, in article
    on_Ra.10179$prod.itd.earthlink.net, "Oscar Levant"
    <net> wrote:

    C330? That was my first "pro" level camera. Golly there were a *LOT* of
    things you could do with that unit. I remember the bellows could extend for
    great close-ups and the parallax warning (red bar) that you'd get in the
    viewing lens when you were getting to the limits of what you were seeing vs.
    what was being put on film. Sharp lenses. A good Japanese rip off of the
    Rolli. In some cases, a better tool.

    George Guest

  11. #11

    "Randall Ainsworth" <techline.com> wrote in message

    Hi Randall,

    I know of Al Gilbert as one of the hot traditional wedding and portrait
    photographers pre 1990 but I think it is son who runs the business.
    Unfortunately, I shoot only news in the 80s and 90s and didn't know many of
    the wedding people but from what I hear he was/is a legend.

    Cliff

    Cliff Guest

  12. #12

    Al Gilbert must be getting up there in years. But his portraits are
    known the world over in the biz. I've stolen...I mean, creatively
    adapted some things from him.
    Randall Guest

  13. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator