Professional Web Applications Themes

question from rank beginer.....Simple organization of immages, Elements 2.0 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I have images ( 78 total) from three different compact flash cards that I have combined into one folder and now I want to organize them into a specific sequence. How do I do this. I have looked into the book and help sections till I am blue in face and must be missing a simple step. It seems the pg organizes in random and will not let me re sequence them once I am in the folder. ??? When I installed Elements 2 ,I deleted my original program ( free from Dell when I purchased the system ) for ...

  1. #1

    Default question from rank beginer.....Simple organization of immages, Elements 2.0

    I have images ( 78 total) from three different compact flash cards that I have combined into one folder and now I want to organize them into a specific sequence. How do I do this. I have looked into the book and help sections till I am blue in face and must be missing a simple step. It seems the pg organizes in random and will not let me re sequence them once I am in the folder. ??? When I installed Elements 2 ,I deleted my original program ( free from Dell when I purchased the system ) for organizing images so now I am in the dark as to how to get them in the order I want.
    Ken_McKinney@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Elements doesn't store or organize image files. A lot of people really like the companion application, Photoshop Album. Unless you have another piece of software, like your long-gone one from Dell, you're going to have to use folders on your hard drive. You might want to either find the old Dell software or purchase Album if you don't like the way they're now being ordered. A workaround while you're using folders is to start each file name with a number with a leading zero. That's the "trick" some of us use when we want to create a web gallery or slide show out of selected images and have them stay where we put them.
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Ken,

    Would that have been Dell Image Expert?
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Ken. I've found the easiest way to organize images (and free as well) is
    to create a folder on your C: drive and name it "Photos". Then I created
    several subfolders named Olympics, Kids, San Francisco, whatever.

    To view the images, open PE2 and select File, Browse, and click on the
    subdirectory where your images live. (Watch in awe as they are displayed)
    They are arranged in alpha-numeric order. You'll need to rename them to
    rearrange them in a specific order. If you want to move any images from one
    subdirectory to another, just click and drag. Double click the thumbnail to
    open it, and key Ctrl + to enlarge it on the screen.

    I've used this ever since I bought PE2 and find it very convenient.

    <com> wrote in message
    have combined into one folder and now I want to organize them into a
    specific sequence. How do I do this. I have looked into the book and help
    sections till I am blue in face and must be missing a simple step. It seems
    the pg organizes in random and will not let me re sequence them once I am in
    the folder. ??? When I installed Elements 2 ,I deleted my original program
    ( free from Dell when I purchased the system ) for organizing images so now
    I am in the dark as to how to get them in the order I want.

    Michael Guest

  5. #5

    This is one of my major problems, as I have literally thousands of pictures, scans and digitals.
    I don't have iPhoto nor Album, so I have made my own cataloguing system. You have to name and date everything! Start with the date, make your folders with year, month, and day, then subject.

    Then you have to carefully name them, put them into folders like"Whoeverbirthdayparty" under the date, then make sure that each and every sub-folder is named.
    I find that my own system is almost as good as the commercial ones, but I do look forward to iPhoto when I get an OS X Mac. I started early, so had to do this myself, but whatever system you use, make sure that you save your originals intact. CD or ext HD. And put the best of the best up onto the web.
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Jane, you and I are going to have a hard time adjusting to iPhoto, I think. I have it on my Jaguar drive, but I'm so used to my own system that I haven't seen any point in using it!
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Jane, my downloading software automatically names the file into which it
    downloads with the date in year-month-day format; I then go back and rename
    it, leaving the YMD and adding some description of the content. If my
    download spans a couple separate activities, I'll create a second folder
    with the same format and different description and drag the appropriate
    images from one to the other. So far, so good...

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest