Professional Web Applications Themes

Questions About QuickTime Xtras And Controls - Macromedia Director Basics

I was under the impression that if I package all of the QuickTime Xtras within the projector file that it could play the QuickTime movies even if the computer that the projector file is playing on does not have the QuickTime player installed. However, I have found that my QuickTime movies do not play on systems that do not have the QuickTime player even though I packaged all of the QuickTime related Xtras. Am I missing an Xtra or is it impossible to play QuickTime video if the player is not installed? Lastly, How can I embed the QuickTime player ...

  1. #1

    Default Questions About QuickTime Xtras And Controls

    I was under the impression that if I package all of the QuickTime Xtras within the projector file that it could play the QuickTime movies even if the computer that the projector file is playing on does not have the QuickTime player installed. However, I have found that my QuickTime movies do not play on systems that do not have the QuickTime player even though I packaged all of the QuickTime related Xtras. Am I missing an Xtra or is it impossible to play QuickTime video if the player is not installed? Lastly, How can I embed the QuickTime player controls along with the video? I have seen projectors that include the controls such as play, rewind, pause etc that are actually from the QuickTime player and not custom buttons. How is this done?

    Here are some details about my projector:

    App Version: Director MX

    OS: Windows

    QuickTime Xtras packaged within the projector file:
    QT6Asset.x32
    QTAuth.x32
    QuickTime Agent.x32

    I appreciate everyone's time and insight.

    Vortex75 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:Questions About QuickTime Xtras And Controls

    You will need QT installed on the computer.

    You can check the verion of QT using Lingo and if the version in not current or they do not have it you can send them to a screen that tells them they need to install QT click here.

    For custom controls of QT go to: [url]http://www.shocksites.com/openSource/022403.asp[/url]

    OR

    Also you can just use Flash video if you do not want the user to install QT. The quality will be lower but you can create custome controls as well. Then just bring in the flash piece and make sure its Direct to stage is on.

    You can also ask questions on the [url]http://www.shocksites.com/forum[/url] people answer quickly there.

    Referring URLs
    [url]http://www.shocksites.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.shocksites.com/forum[/url]