Professional Web Applications Themes

Quick Site Check Please - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hello all! If I could get a quick site check please. I was having problem with this page [url]http://www.deluciascript.com/pages/portfolio/advertising/financial.html[/url] Since I am using Safari I didn't notice I messed up the Code and my Windows Machine is down right now. The problem I was having was that the html text was being cut off on the right side of the table. I believe I fixed it as well as on the other pages as well. If some could just check it for me with MSIE for Windows please Thanks! Referring URLs [url]http://www.deluciascript.com/pages/portfolio/advertising/financial.html[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Quick Site Check Please

    191 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Quick Site Check Please

    Thanks Pam,

    I appreciate it! Do you have any suggestions on fixing it? I am pulling my hair out. I don't know if it is becuase I have been looking at it for so long or I am just missing something.....

    Also Pam..thank you for the kind words

    If anybody has any suggestions please speak up!

    Take it easy every one...but take it!

    Bill

    191 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    "191" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Hello all!
    >
    > If I could get a quick site check please. I was having problem with this page
    >
    > [url]http://www.deluciascript.com/pages/portfolio/advertising/financial.html[/url]
    >
    > Since I am using Safari I didn't notice I messed up the Code and my Windows Machine is down right now.
    >
    > The problem I was having was that the html text was being cut off on the right side of the table. I believe I fixed it as well as on the other pages as well.
    >
    > If some could just check it for me with MSIE for Windows please
    >
    > Thanks!

    The innermost table has a height attribute (422px). Remove that entirely
    so that it has no height at all and will expand as needed.

    Also, you could run "clean up html" since I think you have an issue with
    a <p> tag.

    HTH

    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]
    Contact me directly by clicking here:
    [url]http://contact.vendel.info[/url]
    Formmail tutorial:
    [url]http://www.vendel.info/tut/formmail.html[/url]
    Nested table demonstration:
    [url]http://www.vendel.info/tabletut/[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  4. #4

    PS:

    You have another table with 236px height. Get rid of that attribute, too.
    The general idea is that tables/cells shouldn't have *any* height/width
    attributes at all. They should collapse around the content as far as
    this is possible.

  5. #5

    Dan,

    I think I already removed the 236 px height... could you please check it again and if it is still there could you plese tell me where.... I am sorry I don't see it.

    Thank you for your time and your patience.

    Bill

    191 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    "191" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Dan,
    >
    > I think I already removed the 236 px height... could you please check it again and if it is still there could you plese tell me where.... I am sorry I don't see it.
    You still have several <td> tags with height in them. Remove them
    altogether, not just setting height to "0", but removing the *entire*
    attribute, i.e. "height="xx" including the word "height".

    Also, there is something with a <p> tag. I can't say exactly what it is
    since my DW is making a correction when I open the file and just tells me:
    Line 227 Col 22 : Replaced an extra </P> tag with <P></P> to preserve
    spacing.

    Then, you have colspan and rowspan tags, which I think is OK in your
    case, but they are usually quite evil creatures:
    [url]http://www.vendel.info/tabletut/[/url]

    BTW: I'm on Mac so can't say what Windows/IE users are seeing.

  7. #7

    Looks good in Netscape 7.1
    Chris.

    "191" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Hello all!
    >
    > If I could get a quick site check please. I was having problem with this page
    >
    > [url]http://www.deluciascript.com/pages/portfolio/advertising/financial.html[/url]
    >
    > Since I am using Safari I didn't notice I messed up the Code and my Windows Machine is down right now.
    >
    > The problem I was having was that the html text was being cut off on the right side of the table. I believe I fixed it as well as on the other pages as well.
    >
    > If some could just check it for me with MSIE for Windows please
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]http://www.deluciascript.com/pages/portfolio/advertising/financial.html[/url]

    cgs Guest

  8. #8

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 00:13:28 +0100, cgs <cgsntlworld.com> wrote:
    >Looks good in Netscape 7.1
    >Chris.
    >
    >"191" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >> Hello all!
    >>
    >> If I could get a quick site check please. I was having problem with this page
    >>
    >> [url]http://www.deluciascript.com/pages/portfolio/advertising/financial.html[/url]
    >>
    >> Since I am using Safari I didn't notice I messed up the Code and my Windows Machine is down right now.
    >>
    >> The problem I was having was that the html text was being cut off on the right side of the table. I believe I fixed it as well as on the other pages as well.
    >>
    >> If some could just check it for me with MSIE for Windows please
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    >> Referring URLs
    >> [url]http://www.deluciascript.com/pages/portfolio/advertising/financial.html[/url]

    The page looks nice to me. It's clean, clear and readable.

    Just to be boring, you might notice it contains 79 errors, under the
    xhtml doctype that you have used.

    [url]http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deluciascript.com%2Fpag es%2Fportfolio%2Fadvertising%2Ffinancial.html[/url]

    Paul Taylor
    Paul Taylor Guest

  9. #9

    Hurray Bill....it looks great now! No cutting off of words :-)

    pam_ivey webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest