Professional Web Applications Themes

Quick time ?? - Macromedia Director Basics

We have a short 21 sec QT mov in our director 8 projector. We will be distributing this on a 50 meg cd rom. Will the end users have to have QT installed on their computer? Or is their an extra we can use so everyone will be able to view the QT video in our projector without having to install QT?. With the video and all the sound files we have no room left to include the QT installer. Thanks for any info. Dom.....

  1. #1

    Default Quick time ??

    We have a short 21 sec QT mov in our director 8 projector. We will be
    distributing this on a 50 meg cd rom. Will the end users have to have
    QT installed on their computer? Or is their an extra we can use so
    everyone will be able to view the QT video in our projector without
    having to install QT?. With the video and all the sound files we have
    no room left to include the QT installer.

    Thanks for any info.

    Dom..

    Dom Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Quick time ??

    quickTime is required as its not installed with windows mac users are fine
    though!

    --
    Andrew Kennedy
    [url]http://www.lingoprogrammer.co.uk[/url]
    "Dom" <dcenottiquick-link.com> wrote in message
    > We have a short 21 sec QT mov in our director 8 projector. We will be
    > distributing this on a 50 meg cd rom. Will the end users have to have
    > QT installed on their computer? Or is their an extra we can use so
    > everyone will be able to view the QT video in our projector without
    > having to install QT?. With the video and all the sound files we have
    > no room left to include the QT installer.
    >
    > Thanks for any info.
    >
    > Dom..

    Andrew Kennedy Guest

  3. #3

    Try detecting and launching an installer for non quickTime savvy users!

    [url]http://www.lingoprogrammer.co.uk/source_code/download/QuickTime.zip[/url]

    --
    Andrew Kennedy
    [url]http://www.lingoprogrammer.co.uk[/url]
    "Dom" <dcenottiquick-link.com> wrote in message
    > We have a short 21 sec QT mov in our director 8 projector. We will be
    > distributing this on a 50 meg cd rom. Will the end users have to have
    > QT installed on their computer? Or is their an extra we can use so
    > everyone will be able to view the QT video in our projector without
    > having to install QT?. With the video and all the sound files we have
    > no room left to include the QT installer.
    >
    > Thanks for any info.
    >
    > Dom..

    Andrew Kennedy Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for the reply guys.

    Their is no room at all on the cd to include QT, I could have them
    download it from the net but we're worried about the people that wont be
    able to connect to the internet. I thought maybe the DirectMediaXtra
    would handle QT movies.

    Thanks for the suggestions.

    Dom..

    Andrew Kennedy wrote:
    > Try detecting and launching an installer for non quickTime savvy users!
    >
    > [url]http://www.lingoprogrammer.co.uk/source_code/download/QuickTime.zip[/url]
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Kennedy
    > [url]http://www.lingoprogrammer.co.uk[/url]
    > "Dom" <dcenottiquick-link.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>We have a short 21 sec QT mov in our director 8 projector. We will be
    >>distributing this on a 50 meg cd rom. Will the end users have to have
    >>QT installed on their computer? Or is their an extra we can use so
    >>everyone will be able to view the QT video in our projector without
    >>having to install QT?. With the video and all the sound files we have
    >>no room left to include the QT installer.
    >>
    >>Thanks for any info.
    >>
    >>Dom..

    Dom Guest

  5. #5

    You could try to convert your quicktime movs to mpg or avi or something because (for sure .mpg) everybody can play that extension.

    Its a bad way but maybe the only thing. the quicktime installer is not that big, you dont have 500 kb left? Thats how big my standalone installer is as far as i can see.

    Goodluck!

    SchneiderPapier webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    I tried converting it to a AVI in QT pro but we loose a lot of the quality.

    I think we're going to have to bit the bulet and buy something we can
    edit video with besides QT pro.

    Thanks for the reply.

    "SchneiderPapier" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > You could try to convert your quicktime movs to mpg or avi or something because (for sure .mpg) everybody can play that extension.
    >
    > Its a bad way but maybe the only thing. the quicktime installer is not that big, you dont have 500 kb left? Thats how big my standalone installer is as far as i can see.
    >
    > Goodluck!

    Dom Guest