Professional Web Applications Themes

Quotation mark (") after installing FlashPlayer-TechNote Solution not working - Macromedia Flash Player

:sad; I get the evil quotation mark (") after trying to install Flash Player. I tried to delete the "Safe Versions" folder in the registry and then try reinstalling (after running the uninstall EXE to ensure a clean install. Unfortunately I still get the evil quotation mark, and then see the Safe Versions folder is now back in the registry! HELP PLEASE.... !! TIA for any advice, this is driving me crazy...

  1. #1

    Default Quotation mark (") after installing FlashPlayer-TechNote Solution not working

    :sad;

    I get the evil quotation mark (") after trying to install Flash Player. I
    tried to delete the "Safe Versions" folder in the registry and then try
    reinstalling (after running the uninstall EXE to ensure a clean install.
    Unfortunately I still get the evil quotation mark, and then see the Safe
    Versions folder is now back in the registry!

    HELP PLEASE.... !! TIA for any advice, this is driving me crazy

    P231 Guest

  2. #2

    :disgust;

    Join the club Bud. This Adobe FP issue the #1 topic in this forum and has the
    most involvement of any of the forums. Adobe pays no heed to THIS user to user
    forum. The "fixes" presented by adobe are a dog chasing its tail as many folk,
    even hardened geeks have had no success. Some have been told as I have been
    told by PC maker support to reinstall the OS. But they do not know if it will
    fix it either. Nothing is forthcomming from adobe at all on this stuff. I have
    several cases open with them and they said reply in 2 biz days..Well that was 2
    weeks ago now. I too have followed all the instructions to no avail. I have an
    earlier post that I cpied /pasted from the MS forums. But I cannot vouch for it
    as I have not tried it yet. Another on the MS forum said it worked. Scroll down
    in this forum and you will see it titled: Possibe FP fix from MS forums.

    Reproman66 Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for the reply and thanks for posting the possible solution from the MS
    forum. Yeah, it was clear pretty quickly after looking at the posts here that
    this FP9 install is a train wreck. I will try the MS forum solution soon.
    Thanks again

    P231 Guest

  4. #4

    I am suffering the same problems as you, and it is driving me mad. Does anyone
    have a fix for this? My son can't do anything he would like with the PC as all
    the sites he uses seem to need it.
    I have followed the instructions on the adobe site, uninstalling, doing the
    registry delete, downloading v9, and i still get the " and no flash content
    works.

    Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

    brooksy101 Guest