Professional Web Applications Themes

rc.local firewall script problem - Linux Setup, Configuration & Administration

Dear all, I setup linux box as firewall and nat using iptables, the executable script is under /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall. I have searched that to enable the script run or executed on each reboot, i need to put the command syntax under rc.local. When i rebooted the machine, i can see that my script is executed. However, it does not seem to take effect (nat port mapping still does not work) until i manually execute the script in the console again. Have i missed out something? Please help. Thanks a lot in advance. Eric -- This email is confidential and privileged. If ...

  1. #1

    Default rc.local firewall script problem

    --
    This email is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
    recipient, you must not view, disseminate, use or copy this email. Kindly

    Eric Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: rc.local firewall script problem

    Eric wrote:

    Maybe you have the order of commands in the script wrong.
    Try switching two lines and check the result.

    Oh! sorry I answered if I'm not the intended recipient.
    Consider yourself notified and know that this email has been deleted
    from my system. You're welcome.
    --
    --= my mail box only accepts =--
    --= Size below 10001 bytes =--

  3. #3

    Pedro Graca <com> wrote:

    > Oh! sorry I answered if I'm not the intended recipient.
    > Consider yourself notified and know that this email has been deleted
    > from my system. You're welcome.[/ref]

    The trailing sig is pretty standard stuff for many corporations. This is from
    the OP's header:
    So it's very likely that he has the sig added on for him. And if not, still
    nothing to get upset about. Unless you want to.

    David
    --
    With every mistake we must surely be learning.
    - George Harrison

  4. #4

    Eric <com> wrote:

    Hello Eric,

    Could you post the relevant lines from rc.local, and your reasons for thinking
    that the script executed during boot? Also, what command do you actually use
    to execute the script from the console? With the info someone might be able to
    pin-point your problem.

    In addition, while it might not matter, it couldn't hurt to also post the
    distro and kernel that you're using.

    Best regards,
    David
    --
    There are no failures--just disappointments--when you have done your best.
    - Coach John Wooden, UCLA