Professional Web Applications Themes

Re Posting this Pls Help - FileMaker

I have reposted this in the hope some one can help. If it has been covered before I apologise but I cannot find an answer to this problem. I am trying to design a layout that will enable me to print multiple page doents if needed for an Operation Report. I have tried the following: 1 Made several text fields that conform to page size however when you type into these fields there is no indication of page breaks and if you type beyond the field size it does not print out. 2 Made the field cover 6 pages but ...

  1. #1

    Default Re Posting this Pls Help

    I have reposted this in the hope some one can help. If it has been covered
    before I apologise but I cannot find an answer to this problem.

    I am trying to design a layout that will enable me to print multiple page
    doents if needed for an Operation Report.

    I have tried the following: 1 Made several text fields that conform to page
    size however when you type into these fields there is no indication of page
    breaks and if you type beyond the field size it does not print out.

    2 Made the field cover 6 pages but when you print the lines adjacent to page
    breaks seem to print the upper half of the fonts on one and the bottom half
    on the next or not at all. Also prints empty pages i.e. if the report covers
    2 pages I get those plus 4 empty pages even though I'm using the sliding up
    function.

    Cheers Brad

    brad anderson Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Re Posting this Pls Help

    Try going to a different layout to print, and on that layout, rather
    than a normal field, use a merge field.

    Tom Fitch
    Fitch & Fitch
    Portland, Oregon
    > I am trying to design a layout that will enable me to print multiple page
    > doents if needed for an Operation Report.
    >
    > I have tried the following: 1 Made several text fields that conform to page
    > size however when you type into these fields there is no indication of page
    > breaks and if you type beyond the field size it does not print out.
    >
    > 2 Made the field cover 6 pages but when you print the lines adjacent to page
    > breaks seem to print the upper half of the fonts on one and the bottom half
    > on the next or not at all. Also prints empty pages i.e. if the report covers
    > 2 pages I get those plus 4 empty pages even though I'm using the sliding up
    > function.
    Tom Fitch Guest

  3. #3

    On 16/9/03 1:56 PM, in article [email]tom-C2B557.21145415092003netnews.attbi.com[/email],
    "Tom Fitch" <tomDO-NOT-SPAM-fitchandfitch.com> wrote:
    > Try going to a different layout to print, and on that layout, rather
    > than a normal field, use a merge field.
    >
    > Tom Fitch
    > Fitch & Fitch
    > Portland, Oregon
    >
    >> I am trying to design a layout that will enable me to print multiple page
    >> doents if needed for an Operation Report.
    >>
    >> I have tried the following: 1 Made several text fields that conform to page
    >> size however when you type into these fields there is no indication of page
    >> breaks and if you type beyond the field size it does not print out.
    >>
    >> 2 Made the field cover 6 pages but when you print the lines adjacent to page
    >> breaks seem to print the upper half of the fonts on one and the bottom half
    >> on the next or not at all. Also prints empty pages i.e. if the report covers
    >> 2 pages I get those plus 4 empty pages even though I'm using the sliding up
    >> function.
    Hi Tom

    Thanks for that but unless I am doing something stupid (highly likely) I had
    no luck. I made a new layout and used a merge field which I had to make 6
    pages long to print all the data. For shorter reports 3 pages I am still
    getting 3 blank pages which if I have 6 copies to print gives me 18 blank
    pages to deal with per report. What am I missing? These reports vary in
    length from patient to patient 2 to 8 pages.

    Thanks Brad

    brad anderson Guest

  4. #4

    Make sure that you set the field (merge or otherwise) to slide up by
    selecting it in layout mode then selecting the Sliding/Printing command in
    the Format menu. Select the option to make the enclosing part slide up too.

    Also, make sure you have a footer. It will give you a nice margin at the
    bottom of every page and a place to show the page number (type "##").

    Bridget Eley

    in article BB8DCC3C.8CF4%bradbincdata.com.au, brad anderson at
    [email]bradbincdata.com.au[/email] wrote on 17/9/03 8:30 AM:
    > On 16/9/03 1:56 PM, in article [email]tom-C2B557.21145415092003netnews.attbi.com[/email],
    > "Tom Fitch" <tomDO-NOT-SPAM-fitchandfitch.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Try going to a different layout to print, and on that layout, rather
    >> than a normal field, use a merge field.
    >>
    >> Tom Fitch
    >> Fitch & Fitch
    >> Portland, Oregon
    >>
    >>> I am trying to design a layout that will enable me to print multiple page
    >>> doents if needed for an Operation Report.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried the following: 1 Made several text fields that conform to page
    >>> size however when you type into these fields there is no indication of page
    >>> breaks and if you type beyond the field size it does not print out.
    >>>
    >>> 2 Made the field cover 6 pages but when you print the lines adjacent to page
    >>> breaks seem to print the upper half of the fonts on one and the bottom half
    >>> on the next or not at all. Also prints empty pages i.e. if the report covers
    >>> 2 pages I get those plus 4 empty pages even though I'm using the sliding up
    >>> function.
    > Hi Tom
    >
    > Thanks for that but unless I am doing something stupid (highly likely) I had
    > no luck. I made a new layout and used a merge field which I had to make 6
    > pages long to print all the data. For shorter reports 3 pages I am still
    > getting 3 blank pages which if I have 6 copies to print gives me 18 blank
    > pages to deal with per report. What am I missing? These reports vary in
    > length from patient to patient 2 to 8 pages.
    >

    > Thanks Brad

    Bridget Eley Guest