Is there a way to re-run Perl's configure script (the one that runs
when you install Perl?)

Here's what I've got: A program I'm working on suddenly stopped
working (meaning: a known working version stopped working) with the
error 'Can't locate I18N/Langinfo.pm in INC' after I installed some
modules that that I am going to need from CPAN. In the course of
that, I also upgraded CPAN on my machine.

Now, I can find the folder named 'I18N'. It contains the files:
'Collate.pm' and 'LangTags.pm', as well as the folder 'LangTags'.
I'm leaving those alone.

A search of the possible referencing files (I don't reference it
directly, I don't even know for sure what it is supposed to do)
reveals that they all check for the exsistance of I18N/Langinfo.pm
before requiring it. Further inquriery turned up the file
'Config.pm' contains a line reporting that I have the offending file.
Config.pm says that it was built automatiacly as part of the Perl
install. So what I'm really looking for is the best way to re-create
that file. (I always assume that if there is one problem in such a
file there may be others.)

In case it matters I'm running Perl 5.8.0 under Mac OS X. (versions:
10.2.6 and 10.2.8. Apple released an update last night.) That is
upgraded from the standard Apple install.

Daniel T. Staal

This email copyright the author. Unless otherwise noted, you
the contents for non-commercial purposes. This copyright will
local copyright law.