Johan den Boer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem reading data from the parallel port /dev/lp0. I want to
> read the status
> from the printer. How do I do that. I have tried the read function call but
> this gives me
> an error 5.
>
> regards
>
> Johan den Boer
> email : [email]johanjdb.demon.nl[/email]

You'll probably need details on how your specific printer likes to talk
to the computer. It might be worth checking the manufacturer's website
for a PDF version of their programmer's booklet, if they have one.
Alternatively, if you're using CUPS or similar, it might be possible to
get the info from that; the advantage there is that it's non-printer
dependant.
Bob.