Professional Web Applications Themes

Real-time 3D Web and Desktop application - Macromedia Director 3D

Hi, I?ve worked on this project the last months and now it is on prerelease state. I really appreciate any feedback you can provide me to polish the product or find any errors left before final release. I write down a project brief for your overall consideration: This project is a real-time 3D web and desktop application to visualize spaces (showrooms) that needs to adapted to any client (brand) with any amount of data (spaces, images, videos, objects, layouts, and so on) hi has, the application (platform) is totally dynamic (user interface, graphic design, data, languages, multimedia resources, and so ...

  1. #1

    Default Real-time 3D Web and Desktop application

    Hi,

    I?ve worked on this project the last months and now it is on prerelease state.
    I really appreciate any feedback you can provide me to polish the product or
    find any errors left before final release.

    I write down a project brief for your overall consideration:

    This project is a real-time 3D web and desktop application to visualize spaces
    (showrooms) that needs to adapted to any client (brand) with any amount of data
    (spaces, images, videos, objects, layouts, and so on) hi has, the application
    (platform) is totally dynamic (user interface, graphic design, data, languages,
    multimedia resources, and so on), its intermediate data structure is based on
    XML.

    The web application file size is 52 kb (.dcr file), I?ve have to write my own
    components to get the flexibility that the application needs.

    No timeline used (o frames) all works from code, in fact inside the .dcr file
    there is just code.

    All 3D was made on 3D Max with baked textures to use no lights at runtime
    (lights slow down performance). The collision/response is a hybrid 2D/3D system
    coded for performance (no Havok or Ageia used). The 3D modeling and texturing
    was made from on site scouting and measurements, 2D CAD files and lots of image
    references.

    The following systems were coded and implemented specific for this project:

    Screen layout, data encryption, components, resources, cleanup, memory
    management, collision, visual styles, xml management, data download,
    networking, exceptions manager, user environment, skin management, 3D hardware,
    and others.

    I use 3 Xtras, PrintOMatic, Shockfiler and DirectMail for form request
    generation (the project needs to be encapsulated and works the same on web or
    as standalone application with no Internet connection so no PHP or database
    allowed)

    Now I?m finishing the application editor for easy project creation and
    management by no technical people.

    The entire project and all specific resources (3d, graphic design and video
    for the current client) was developed by 2 member team.

    We just waiting the final info and resources (images, text, languages, and so
    on) from the client?s team in charge of authorize and provide us that data, For
    this reason the current online application has placeholders for galleries and
    some videos and no specific texts (info) or languages set on.

    Thanks for your feedback in advance.

    Have a nice day!

    DAVID Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Real-time 3D Web and Desktop application

    Hi..

    Interesting. Tried to enter the site. My comment... I can't understand most of it.. but, I do tried clicking the Smart Planner 3D download.. but I have no password..

    Thank you.
    mziskandar Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    Thanks for your attention, the download link is to the desktop application
    (works equally to the web version just faster). Sorry but until official
    release by agreement this download is exclusive for the client.

    If you have the kind to evaluate the web version I?ll really appreciate that,
    any comments apply the same to the desktop version.

    Again, thanks!

    DAVID Guest

  4. #4

    Hi again..

    Looking overall site here's my comment.
    1. Implementing the whole site with shockwave/flash will slow down
    performance. (my PC is old.. hehe..)
    2. Decreased performance will affect your main shockwave/flash content.
    3. Looking at the design, I think html/php/asp/js capable to produce the same
    result (with less resources)
    4. The movie looks good - adding more interactivity (camera controls) will
    bakes it better.
    5. I can only understand English and Malay.. hehe.. Maybe I've been cliking at
    the wrong place.
    6. Talking about clicking, its good to have a different Icon (eg: hand)
    instead of arrow while hovering on the buttons/links.

    Thank you.

    mziskandar Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks mziskandar, you are right, this is not the final web site is just the
    online application test, final will be on the client's server with apropied
    design (html). I'll try to add rollover icons before final release.

    Again, thanks for your time and kind.

    Have a nice day!

    DAVID Guest